• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Lugia and Ho-oh

What do you think of Lugia and Ho-oh's new art?

• Love it

Votes: 107 72.3%
  • Hate it

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • It's alright

Votes: 39 26.4%
  • Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    I don't really like how Lugia looks, but I think Ho-oh looks awesome. But anyway I think they will be on the box art.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It's hard to tell if they'll be the box art or not, but to me Ho-Oh, is rubbing onto me now, and Lugia I still admire its new art.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    No, they've done some pretty noticable changes to the look of Ho-oh compared to its older art.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It is all a matter of personal preference on who likes these or not, so I'm not surprised that there are a few who like it , hate it, or favors one or the other. Though, I don't think they are that terrible considering other art drawing before them.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If this art work doesn't appear as the boxart, then like aid before I believe it'll definitely appear in the strategy guides in the small booklet given with the game box.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    They're cool enough to be boxart, but maybe they won't be. And if not like f l a s h said they'll appear somewhere else like the strategy guide, or the little booklet

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    From Bublapedia, that is basically their face, while here we have their entire feature. So, I'd prefer the new art we have now over the fake ones. Though, I wouldn't say the fake box art look is bad though, I just prefer the new ones here better in my opinion.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    From Bublapedia, that is basically their face, while here we have their entire feature. So, I'd prefer the new art we have now over the fake ones. Though, I wouldn't say the fake box art look is bad though, I just prefer the new ones here better in my opinion.

I agree, though there is still apart of me that wishes that that fake box art was legit, you can't deny that it doesn't look at least some-what awesome,lol

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    That is what I said, lol, the fake box art does look good, but I guess GameFreak had to create their own design rather than copying off of something that was announced fake before.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    That is what I said, lol, the fake box art does look good, but I guess GameFreak had to create their own design rather than copying off of something that was announced fake before.

why not? lol

Their the ones making the game for us, they can take any box art they want! lol

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    They both look excellent in my opinion, I hope both are used in the box-art.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I guess, but not without permission from the original creator, who they probably might not have found. Plus, GameFreak likes to be original at times and then repetitive, so the new art kind of fits that style for Lugia and Ho-Oh.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I think he misworded it, but probably meant that Ho-Oh's picture should be used for HeartGold's box art and Lugia's for the SoulSilver's box art.

Back