• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lugia (big sprites)

AJUST

/Kusagaki. The Grass Kid./
Years

• After talking to Fox tonight I went through my old Pokeroco (a sprite comic) sprites that never got used.
    I'm in the sharing mood, so here are the big Lugia sprites I made from scratch :)

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    It's awesome that you're sharing these great sprites with the public. :]
    I'll merge this with the SC resource thread when it's up.

Finnel

Years
  • Looks really nice, but what's with that red one on the top right corner, is it an original form? It looks a little too plain, perhaps add some details to it?
    I think it would look a little better if the outlines were just one single color, the black outlines on some parts look kind of out-of-place.

Otherwise, real great job. Are you going to make more poses?

AJUST

Years
  • Ah, the red one was for the comic. Guess i forgot to remove it :)
    And sorry, but no, I won't be making any more poses for this.

Finnel

Years
  • That's a shame, really, but I guess it's your sprites so it's up to you to decide if you want to make more or not. Again, you did a great job on them. =)

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • never realized how cool of a poke lugia is till now.

i'm assuming you used d/p palette? well done.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • You know, I love typing and "C+C"ing, but...

I don't know where to crit you! It's tooooo perfect!
    The Lugia really looks ferocious~ It's cool~

Keep up the good work! (Am... I... saying the right thing...?)

AJUST

Years
  • I think I used the D/P palette as a basis, but modified to more faded later on.
    The idea was to have a sprite that indicates Lugia's size compared to a trainer sprite. Unscaled.

I'm glad you guys are liking it! Thank you :)

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • These are very nicely done. I like them very much, but i also do see some minor things... i hate to be the party pooper here...

On the regular lugias, In the blue around the eyes and the "fins" on it's back, there is no outlining. It would definetely give the sprite a bit more structure in those areas if you outlined the dark blue areas with at least black. I know that you had stated that you had previously used them for something else, but it still wouldn't hurt to go back and add outlining...or at least add another tone.

On dark lugia, you have some "clumpies" in the outlining of the feet. You could trim them up or at least change the tone of the inner pixels.

The only other thing that i see that bugs me are those bright white pixels over lugia's mouth in the open mouth poses. They do not appear to be teeth... so they just seem to be strange shadings. Maybe tone them down a bit?

Either way, these are all very minor details of scrutiny. These sprites are absolutely amazing, and i commend you for producing such fine pieces of art! Great job, and by all means...

Keep Spriting!

Back