• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Lugia, or Rayquaza ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralts

Don't look at me like that !!!
    Years
    Wich one do you think is the truly Legendary Pokemon, Wich is more Stronger, Lugia or Rayquaza.

Many people said Lugia is the best one..... because it's has a move that only it can learn ! it's Aeroblast, has 100 power high critical ratio, flying attribute.
    But I assume that Rayquaza has Highest stats, it's wonderful hyperbeam can work great on it's high attack stats.

Happy Posting ^^

haunter_northwind

The Mysterious Trainer
    Years
    I prefer Lugia to Rayquaza. Why?
    Because Lugia is always try to defend any attack to it (Defensive).
    While Rayquaza, It always launch it Hyperbeam to it enemies (Aggresive).
    But, I love both of them. Both of them are great.

Ralts

Years
    But, I think that Rayquaza not like what u say. It's not so aggresive. but it just trying to protect itself from any harm :-)

haunter_northwind

The Mysterious Trainer
    Years
    In my opinion, Lugia is keep the harmony of three legendary bird Pokemon. And it do it's job with the chosen one. Company the chosen one to collect the sphere, and back to the place of the stone. It do that without hurting anybody!

Rayquaza, destroy the city very much. Using Hyperbeam without calculation or thinking. It seems only wantto knock it's enemy out.

That's why I like Lugia rather than Rayquaza.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    >.> Does it matter what it did in the movie?

Lugia; the ultimate tank in competitive battling (err...maybe tied with Deoxys-LG)

Ralts

Years
    Yes of course, that haunter think that rayquaza is so offence from the movie "Destiny Deoxys".

By the way, why do you think Lugia is the ultimate ones?
    And Rayquaza can survive being attacked by TWO deoxys u know it already ???

Ralts

Years
    Did you think Lugia can used your wicked body slam ???? I guess lugia won't be able to learn that moves. And perhaps Rayquaza can easily blown up your lugia with it's "Hyper Beam"

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Ralts said:
    By the way, why do you think Lugia is the ultimate ones?
    And Rayquaza can survive being attacked by TWO deoxys u know it already ???
    >.> Do you even know what the term "tank" means in competitive battling? I would expect you to since I think I remember seeing you in the GB Movesets & Strats sub-forum a couple times.

Rayquaza is not capable of tanking as efficiently as Lugia regardless of it (Rayquaza) surviving two hits from a Deoxys-FR, which it shouldn't anyway (unless the user is a complete idiot).

Ralts

Years
    Yep, Lugia may be the Best one....
    The only one Problem is :
    "HOW CAN WE GET IT ?????"
    of course Outside the Nitendo Events or any cursed cheat codes... I think it's nearly IMPOSSIBLE.
    We all know that lugia is more rare than rayquaza. and everyone who played R/S/E games can get it. But lugia....

haunter_northwind

The Mysterious Trainer
    Years
    Between 386 Pokemon, Lugia, The Guardian of the Sea, is always NUMBER 1 for me! I can't see any interest on Rayquaza. I love The Lugia's Personality. Defense is more important than Attack. Give an applause to Lugia. :-)

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Far as competitive battling goes, the best place for serious competition would be on NetBattle, which lets you would your own team consisting of any Pokemon. Event-obtained Pokemon are hardly a problem in that case. But most of the event-obtained Pokemon would probably only be seen in the uber-metagame anyway.

Pete

<>PAWN CONTROL 1.0<>
    Years
    Lugia. I hate all the pokemon n00bs with their "uber pwning mega teems!!!11oneone".

It's a great tank, which can also learn attacking moves. It has Aeroblast, Recover and Safeguard. and it has pressure. Rayquaza is going to use its Hyper beam up, pretty **** quickly. Rayquaza's defense is awful. It is so weak to Glalie, its not funny.
    Sort the rest out for yourselves. My only complaint about Lugia and other ubers, is that unless they are a second generation or onwards trio pokemon, they're usually weak to Ice in some way.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Although it seems to resemble a Dragon (It does to me anyway. My friend said it looked like a goose with wierd eyes), it's still [way] better off than Rayquaza when it comes to Ice: It only has a 2x weakness instead of the usual 4x and it has superb defenses like Pete said. And after one Calm Mind, Lugia is going to be a pain in the rear.

Ralts

Years
    I guess you right, Rayquaza is soooooo WEAK when it's facing Ice pokemon.
    And it's not a joke that my lvl 75 rayquaza got killed by Glalie in pokemon league when hit by Ice beam lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back