• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lugia vs Ho-oh

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    This has probably been done before, but I can't find this thread anywhere else...

Anyway, which do you prefer, Lugia or Ho-oh? The question isn't Silver vs Gold ¬_¬
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I prefer Lugia
    He looks better and in my opinion is stronger.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Nice question, considering Heart Gold and Soul Silver have been announced. :D

Anyway, I love Lugia, always have. :3 I just find it so adorable, an prefer it's appearance and special move to that oversized chicken. >_> it's like my, 4th (along with Suicune :3) favourite Pokemon, ever. :D The ony flaw about it (to me) is it should have been Flying/Water. :\

©ereal Killer

Illusions or Real Illusions ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2011
    ..is it just me, or is Pkmn General flooded with vs. threads?
    Hmmm, only 5 vs. threads so no but will be :/

Always have liked Lugia since Silver came out
    Lugia + aeroblast is just pure win :D

Years
    I've always been a fan of Lugia, I just simply love its design; not to mention it being the mascot of Silver (my favourite version of the both) and the second Pokémon movie (which I loved) just makes me more inclined to like it even more. I like Ho-oh a lot, actually. But knowing my attraction to more calmer colours and pokemon residing in watery domains, I'd pick Lugia out of them both any time.

Another reason why I like Lugia would be that I find Aeroblast to be an effective and critical hit major move, rather than Sacred Fire which I never bothered to use after the first couple of times I've tried it with Ho-oh.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Ho-Oh is pretty. It has nice colors and whatnot. However, I'd have to say I prefer Lugia just because it looks cooler. It's more streamline and its tail is win. XD Besides, I love Aeroblast.​

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2009
    A tie, Lugia looks slightly cooler and has a cooler signature move, but Ho-oh has resurrecting abilities which is pretty awesome in itsself.

Ayselipera

I like Lugia better, but I also love the move Sacred Fire which leads me to Ho-Oh...

ISa56

-Soul Silver? HECK YES!
    Years
    In battles? Lugia.
    Lugia has plenty of Water-type attacks to nail Ho-oh with. Lugia's awesome signature move, Aeroblast, is just flat out awesome. His Defense and Special Defense (and Rain Dance) can stop any of Ho-oh's attacks with little difficulty. That, and Ho-oh does not have a Shadow counterpart.

Overall Awesomeness? Ho-oh.
    Ho-oh was the one who revived the Legendary Beasts. If it weren't for Ho-oh, there wouldn't be any Entei, Raikou, or Suicuine! Ho-oh just has looked (and is) flat out awesome since the days of G/S. His Attack and Special Attack is great and has good attacks to match. Shame Ho-oh is easily wiped with a Stone Edge from a Tyranitar, Rhyperior, or Garchomp.

So....yeah, a bit of a tie.

MUSION

>:)
    Years
    I love Sacred Fire, but in terms of appearance Lugia wins, and that's most important. So Lugia for me :)

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Ho-oh's appearance is beautiful compared to that ugly puke-blue flying dolphin. The dolphin is stronger in the game though. I favor Ho-oh for any occasion except competitive battling.

Years
    It seems Ho-oh isn't doing so well.
    ;3; I like my oversized chicken!

It's most likely I see Lugia as too sleek and void of any interesting color. Ho-oh is warm~ and colorful, and it pleases me.

In the strange and personal category, I could see Ho-oh as being female, while that's pretty hard to do with Lugia. And..I like powerful females.

Battling has never really been a factor of why I would favor one pokemon over another.

zZRaoto

rawr?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2010
    This is for the person that said Lugia was stronger. >.<

Lugia's Base Stats
    Spoiler:

Ho-oh's Base Stats:
    Spoiler:

For battles I would choose Ho-oh.
    Looks, I choose Lugia.

Back