• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lusamine

Phyrrhic

It's not very effective...
    Years
    Lusamine was an interesting character, but her ending wasn't very ambiguous. She ended her little tale with a typical Scooby Doo type ending where the villain was thwarted, and all the loose ends tied up, especially with her kids growing past her influence to become their own independent entities.

I hope GF leave her alone, because she had a satisfying character arc, and she doesn't need any changing.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'd love for Lusamine to return as the antagonist, she's my favourite of them all alongside Cyrus. I don't really see it happening again but I do hope she gets some sort of role in USM. The fact that she has connections to Gladion and Lillie can make for an interesting storyline so it'd be a shame if she wasn't a part of these games considering how she had such a big role in SM.

Years
    Blue has a huge point, considering the huge role Lusamine served in S/M it would be shocking if she didn't show up in US/UM. She was basically one of the essential parts of the plot, and that's why she's memorable.

Oh and have fun being this section's first official mod too

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    I'd love for Lusamine to return as the antagonist, she's my favourite of them all alongside Cyrus.

Same.

What do you guys think she would want Necrozma for if that's what the plot might be? She seemed to be more interested in Nihilego than the other Ultra Beasts because she deemed it "beautiful". Even so, it's hinted in SM that it's not even an Ultra Beast. We don't even have a hint as to what Necrozma's purpose is, so it's hard to tell.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
    While she's a very developed and tragic villain, I would personally like to see some more of Lusamine's backstory fleshed out, to be honest. For example, a flashback scene showing Mohn's wormhole incident could be shown, and Lusamine uses that to explain her obsession with the Ultra Beasts. However, I don't think she'll be the main antagonist this time around, because it'll be all too expected, even if they try to hide it at first like in S/M, but rather be a subordinate to whoever the new villain will be.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    Same.

What do you guys think she would want Necrozma for if that's what the plot might be? She seemed to be more interested in Nihilego than the other Ultra Beasts because she deemed it "beautiful". Even so, it's hinted in SM that it's not even an Ultra Beast. We don't even have a hint as to what Necrozma's purpose is, so it's hard to tell.

Well, technically speaking, Necrozma and the box legends could be Ultra Beasts, but more adapted to the "real" world's environment and layout than others due to having been there for centuries. As such, her obsession with Ultra Beasts after Mohn's disappearance could lead her to Necrozma if she takes a more cerebral approach and tries to find out the origins of these creatures and the Ultra Space connection. It's also worth noting that canonically, Nihilego was the Pokémon Mohn was studying right at the time of his disappearance, which could more thoroughly explain Lusamine's twisted perception of it.

Alternatively, let's consider a situation in which Nebby is never successfully saved and is prevented from opening a wormhole to escape. In that case, Lusamine might be able to further study it, place it under duress to influence its change into Cosmoem, and eventually cause it to evolve, which could precipitate Necrozma's introduction as it senses the box legend's presence.

If Lusamine remains the villain, which at this point seems like a fifty-fifty shot since we have no information, then I think there are a few ways in which she could become involved with Necrozma.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    If Lysamine is not the villain then it be a new character entirely. None of the other SM characters qualify to be villains apart from Guzma and Plumeria.

But i want Lusamine to stay as the villain.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2021
    I think the antagonist is going to be someone unexpected with Lusamine being good. I believe it was Nihilego that made Lusamine go insane.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Lusamine was an interesting character, but her ending wasn't very ambiguous. She ended her little tale with a typical Scooby Doo type ending where the villain was thwarted, and all the loose ends tied up, especially with her kids growing past her influence to become their own independent entities.

I hope GF leave her alone, because she had a satisfying character arc, and she doesn't need any changing.

Yes but if the games aren't sequals? Then her chances of appearing are high

Back