• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Luster Purge[NOW HIRING]

iReign

Banned
Years
  • https://pulse.eeveeshq.com
    Luster Purge. A Pokemon fansite that is relatively new. It currently has 50+ pages, and continues to grow. Due to several host changes, hits have gone up and gone down, but Luster Purge is still dedicated.

However, to complete my(the webmaster) vision of what Luster Purge should be, I need some help, and I am now hiring staff.

I need:

• Coder: Should be skilled in CSS.
    • Artwork "Manager": Should be very skilled in graphics(if applying, please give some examples)
    • Assistant Webmaster: Should be able to help me with keeping up with the site in general. Can make pages, etc.
    • Reporter: Reports on Pokemon News, has access to Cutenews.
    Application(PM TO ME):
    Name
    :
    Position:
    Examples of Work(If applicable):
    What do you bring to the table?:
    (Why should I hire YOU?)

Thanks. Any CONSTRUCTIVE feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Ac1d

Game Dev
    Years
  • Just a quick review of your website, as we can all improve, I know my projects could be Improve, but hey, That's what I'm paid for. Hehe

1)Spash Screen - These are used way to much, and are very outdated, unless it's a full screen Splash screen (Preferably in flash) You shouldn't use one. When a user visits your site, he/she wants to see the content instantly. A flash intro is the only excuse for a splash screen because it shows quality and professionalism.

2)The Big Banner - These are often seen on ALOT of fan sites. It looks pretty good. But if you wish to add professionalism to your site, You may wish to remove that and edit the layout structure.

3)CuteNews - Cute news is WAY overused. If you're going to use it. At least remove the footer, and customize the Hell out of it. It's not very professional to use CuteNews. But again, If you're going for a basic Fan site. Then it's fine I guess.

Other than that, Nice little site.
    Sorry if some of my comments seem harsh, I'm used to dealing with company websites and the like.

- DJ

MalafeX

Typhlosion #1 fan
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    Just a quick review of your website, as we can all improve, I know my projects could be Improve, but hey, That's what I'm paid for. Hehe

1)Spash Screen - These are used way to much, and are very outdated, unless it's a full screen Splash screen (Preferably in flash) You shouldn't use one. When a user visits your site, he/she wants to see the content instantly. A flash intro is the only excuse for a splash screen because it shows quality and professionalism.

2)The Big Banner - These are often seen on ALOT of fan sites. It looks pretty good. But if you wish to add professionalism to your site, You may wish to remove that and edit the layout structure.

3)CuteNews - Cute news is WAY overused. If you're going to use it. At least remove the footer, and customize the Hell out of it. It's not very professional to use CuteNews. But again, If you're going for a basic Fan site. Then it's fine I guess.

Other than that, Nice little site.
    Sorry if some of my comments seem harsh, I'm used to dealing with company websites and the like.

- DJ
    I definitely agree about the splash page, I find it useless and annoying, unless it's a really good flash animation.

Years
  • Splash screens are normally only used for sites that warn you about something or have restricted content.

I would advise you to not use that it.

The other thing is the banner. I really like it, but you need to cut it down. You don't want people to be scrolling down to get the actual content.

Hope this helps!

Ac1d

Game Dev
    Years
  • Splash screens are normally only used for sites that warn you about something or have restricted content.

I would advise you to not use that it.

The other thing is the banner. I really like it, but you need to cut it down. You don't want people to be scrolling down to get the actual content.

Hope this helps!

You talk about the banner?
    The banner is a 469x78 image element.
    78 pixels is hardly alot..

Ac1d

Game Dev
    Years
  • what page?
    Because the only "big" element on the top-ish of any page is on the index, and that displays the categories of merchandise to purchase.

MalafeX

Typhlosion #1 fan
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    what page?
    Because the only "big" element on the top-ish of any page is on the index, and that displays the categories of merchandise to purchase.
    You got confused. He is talking about Luster Purge, not Pokeblock X.

Heizer

You are thinking of me
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2009
    I had a look at the site the splash page needs work.
    Umm... the web page looks cool but looks too dark.

Still looking good keep going.

Back