• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lv.50 Legendaries??

Are level 50 legendaries a good idea??or just rubbish???

• Total voters

Divine~Deoxys

Does anyone else think this new thing of making all legendaries lv.50 or 45 is stupid??

I mean, Darkrai was too easy to catch. So were the lv.60 birds, and mesprit, cresselia, all of them!!

When they were lv.70 they were actually a challenge. Now they're pathetic.

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
    Years
    ... Mesprit and Cresselia easy to catch? Since when?

Hell, when was any legendary that isn't Palkia or Dialga easy to catch?

Riggzyd

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2013
    Mespirit,Cresselia was easy... O.o
    got em in my 2nd ball :)

Devilware

Super Man has nothing on me
    Years
    It's really just down to strategy and luck but catch rate is the most part of it.
    Cresselia and the trio all have a catch rate of 3 which make's them difficult to catch by most peoples standards
    :cer_confused:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Everyone's right, it all depends on the catch rate. I don't think it's ridiculous having legendaries at level 50, either. You don't need a level 70 LEGENDARY POKEMON of all things before the Pokemon League. Now, you were able to do that in Emerald, and that made the League too easy. After the League, I still don't have a problem with them at that level. 50 is the half way mark. Nothing wrong with it, in my opinion. And 60 definitely is enough. I was surprised 70 was even allowed, to be honest.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    It doesn't matter about the levels maybe except level 1 Regigigas since you could spam nest ball but the lvl 30 Regis were a pain to catch. The only legendary Pokemon that are meant to be easy to catch are Mew, Celebi, Shaymin, Dialga and Palkia.

Terror

I do all my own stunts.
    Years
    You can't judge them by "pokenerd" standards. There are a lot of casual players who won't want to spend an hour catching one pokemon.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    It doesnt matter much to me because I usually catch legendaries easily but some of them are hard to catch even if they were a low lv. I guess they want legendaries easier to catch than before or something.

Years
    It doesnt matter lvl. Its the catch rate. You could have a lvl 100 giratina with a catch rate of a rock (which is super easy to catch)

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2011
    I think I fall under the 'Who cares?' option, because lowering their legendaries doesn't make them pathetic, the legendaries ARE pathetic. Maybe this is just a 'Back in the good ol' days' type of rant but, oh well...

I think that there are so many legendaries in the game that it just makes them lose their special status, and lose the challenge. What's the point beyond that? So, I really couldn't care less if the were level one, which apparently they Dialga and Palkia will be soon.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Does anyone else think this new thing of making all legendaries lv.50 or 45 is stupid??

I mean, Darkrai was too easy to catch. So were the lv.60 birds, and mesprit, cresselia, all of them!!

Why are you complaining about Darkrai being easy to catch, that's a good thing. Also all of those Pokemon are some of the hardest to catch, you were just lucky

:t354:TG

Brainstorm

I'm not smart; I'm random.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    I can't vote because the poll asks 2 questions. Which one am I expected to answer to?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Here's a fun little experiment. Find a ROM of your favorite Pokemon game, gen I or II works best because they're easier to hack. Use your VBA's gameshark feature to hack a lv.1 Mewtwo into the tall grass in rt.1, and try t ocatch him with regular pokeballs. :P

level has no effect on catch rate.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2009
    Kyogre&Groudon

No, its the catch rate.

Kyogre and Groudon are hard even at any level because of their low catch rate.

I hate how hard Kyogre and Groudon are to catch! I had Kyogre down to about 10 health and put it to sleep then used 60 ultra balls and it still broke free!

Everyone's right, it all depends on the catch rate. I don't think it's ridiculous having legendaries at level 50, either. You don't need a level 70 LEGENDARY POKEMON of all things before the Pokemon League. Now, you were able to do that in Emerald, and that made the League too easy. After the League, I still don't have a problem with them at that level. 50 is the half way mark. Nothing wrong with it, in my opinion. And 60 definitely is enough. I was surprised 70 was even allowed, to be honest.

Emerald was the easiest game ever! All you had to do was pick torchic and only use him. The only slightly hard part was the seventh gym but it wasn't that bad. Then use your master ball on Rayquaza and teach it thunderbolt. I did that and never lost a battle.

Last edited:

The Red Chain

The catch rates of the old lvl 70 legendaries are the same as the recent lvl 50s.
    Therefore, it's not really that different.
    Yes, less powerful than before, but at least the catch rates of most of them aren't 36 like Dialga and Palkia.
    Darkrai, Cresselia, the birds and the lake trio ect all have catch rates of 3 despite being lvl 50.

Last edited:

Jad

Pokemon And Megaman Fan
    Years
    who cares
    keep your eyes on the main idea
    "I Caught A Legandary Pokemon"

You can level it up

Back