• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lycanthropy (PG 16-17)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
    First of all, this will be a roleplay involving magic, swords, and most importantly, monsters. The primary, and most detailed of these will be were-creatures, so allow me to give you some information for this roleplay's look on the werewolf.

Werewolves are individuals that are either cursed, or blessed by the disease Lycanthropy. It allows them to transform to and from a beast that is half wolf, half man, and deadly, at will. The only exception is that on the nights of the full moon, they are forced into the form of the beast. They occasionally asuffer from bloodlust, or the urge for flesh and blood, though this can be supressed with effort. Werewolves are agile, have keen senses, strong, and are capable in enarly every physical field, though they have no inclination to magic. Werewolves usually stand on two legs, as humans, but there are cases where the afflicted person can be more wolf like, or more human.

This roleplay starts on the volcanic island of Bazch-Amend, off the coast of Nashan. A few years back, a group wizards, mages, and necromancers gathered together, and began expirimentations on captured werewolves. Soon, they created creatures similar to the werewolf, but infused with other animals. Unfortunately, they wrongly guessed the intelligence of these experiments to be sub-human, and as a result, several of each specimen escaped. Now, there is a formal orginization for hunting down all werebeasts, simply known as the Hunters. They will take any volunteer, practicioner of combat or magic, but don't expect to rise in the rank unless you have the skills.

Players can be were-beasts in this roleplay, but PM ME FIRST. I only want one or two of each kind, if possible, as the majority need to be hunters.

To explain the regeneration scale in the list of were-beasts, five will be the strongest, one the weakest. One is simply normal healing, just faster, 3 is being able to regenerate lost limbs entirely within a week, and 5 is nearly unkillable except by completely dismembering or burning.

Available were-creatures:

Werewolves- The original lycanthrope. Well balanced in all physical fields, but suffers from bloodlust, and the required transformation at the full moon. Regeneration: 2

Wereboars- One of the first expiriments, these creatures are almost entirely boar in their physical structure, causing them to have immense strength, and seemingly impossible endurance. They have no inclination to stealth or agility, but have no bloodlust or required transformations, though they can sometimes be overcome by defense instincts when threatened in their beast form. Regeneration: 3

WereJaguars/Werelions - Categorized as one group, the were-cats are not as physically strong or endurant as werewolves, but have more agility, and are not prone to bloodlust or forced transformations. Regen: 1

Werebears- The werebears have slightly more strength and stamina than a were-boar, but not as much speed, and slightly sub-human sight. They are immensely powerful, but tend to be somewhat dim-witted when in their beast forms, and can be overcome by defense instincts when threatened in their beast form Regen: 2.5

Wererat: One of the last expiriments performed, the were-rats are weak in comparison to other lycanthropes, but posess startling speed and endurance, but nor very much agility. They can also become a full rat at desire for escaping. They are also immune to msot diseases, and can act as a carrier, and spread disease, but they can control this ability. Regen: 4

Werefox- The final expiriment, the werefox has human strength, slightly above human endurance, but stunning agility, speed, and stealth. It is also very slightly inclined to magic, being the only werebeast that can use magic of any kind, albeit weakly. Regen: 3.5

There are rumors of other were-beasts, but the spellcasters in custody for creating this blight maintain that they are nothing but rumors...

As always, here's the complimentary form.

Name:
    Looks:
    Personality: (optional)
    Skills: (Magic or combat? Try to go a bit in-depth hear, including their equipment)
    Other: (anything I forgot, 'cause I'm lazy.)
    RP sample: (Typical RP sample rules apply.)

Psychotic_Demon

The Espeon of the Moon
    Years
    Name: Kimiki
    Looks: https://kamiki.net/artcontest/Rainfox_Kamiki.gif
    Personality: Despite Kimiki's calm appearecne, she can acctually be somewhat outgoing. Kimiki is a bit shy, but loving and caring all the same. She somehow manages to work her way into peoples hearts by pure charm. And though she has a cheerful disposition on the outside, there are some things that trouble her on the inside. She tries to keep a happy face, but as time goes on, people notice her becoming a bit more.... solem. Kimiki is loyal and will protect her friends at all costs, even if it means giving up her life. She'll go to the ends of the earth and back for them.
    Skills: The usual for Werefoxes, as well as a bit of healing magic and the ability to purify water, air, and cast light in the darkest of places. (Is that alright?)
    Other: .......?
    RP sample: .....eh.... <3

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    Name: Robin James Loxelle

Looks: The consumate rogue, Robin wears black boots that come almost to his knees, brown breeches tocked into these boots and haging over the tops of them, a white shirt with simpe embrodeiry on the chest and shoulders. the shirt stays unbuttoned to mid chest, showing off a bit of his lean form. He also wears a green cloak with a silver lining and clasp. The cloak is usually tossed casually over one shoulder and the hood, almost never up. Unless he's gone a-thieving. His eyes are an emerald green richer, if not necessarily darker than his cloak. Unruly brown brown hair and an arrogant smirk complete the ensemble, along with a German rapier belted to his waist opposite a waterskin, quiver and small pouch. The quiver makes little sense, until you notice the longbow hidden in the cloak. He stands about 5'6'', lean and muscular, the perfect build for one of his... talents... As a werefox, he looks much the same, only with soft grey and white fur covering him, a slender tail, fox ears, wickedly sharp canines and nasty little claws instead of fingernails. Oh yeah, and a snout.

Personality: Robin is arrogant to a fault, recklessly taking what he wants. So I suppose that makes him a bit of a kleptomaniac, too. Acts like he's God's gift to women, and by the reactions of many, that seems true. So we can add nymphomania to his list of nuroses. On the whole, a rather demented persona, but it makes him quite dashing to, your classical storybook antihero.

Skills: Physically inclined, though he is capable of casting a few basic healing spells and pinching off the major blood vessels of someone if need be. Physically, he's fast. Too fast and agile even for one of his "race," if you could call it that. Hence, the German rapier makes a wonderful weapon for him, matching his speed and agility, but strong enough to stand up to a heavier weapon in a pinch. He is also an above-average bowshot, pickpocket, lockpick, thief, and runner. No strongman, tough, preferring to snipe than melee.

Other: N/A
    RP sample: Awww, do I have to?

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
    Name:Moldwyn
    Age: Unknown, as far as anyone knows, he's been around since the hunters first appeared.
    Looks: He appears as nothing more than a young, rough-shaven man with medium brown hair, and hazel eyes that always have a haunting, evaluating look. He wears a strange garment, a black folded upper part similar to a jacket, under which is a plain shirt, with matching pants of a soft, but durable fabric, and a red shirt underneath. When asked, he refers to it as a Gi, but gives little other information.

Skills: He is skilled in several light bladed weapons, but the only true heavy weapon he uses is a light cavalry saber. However, he can use random objects as weapons as deadly as a trained duelist, and his hands are his deadliest weapons of all. He has a special trick, and can tell just before danger strikes that something is wrong, and he also has some uncanny physical attributes, which is why he is often regaurded as the "leader" of the hunters, though the orginization has no real rule.

OOC: I'll start soon, but I'm hoping to get one or two more signups...

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
    Gomen Nasai, Shiny! X_x

Name: Fikos
    Looks: Her ears are set rather far-back in her head, but besides that, she looks like a normal person. Her hair is short and boyish-cut, and she can be seen wearign a variety of clothes. In her werewolf form, she looks like a large wolf with long arms and visably bent legs, along with human-like hands with claws. Same with her feet, but they're stretched so that she stands on her toes when erect or on the ground. Her head is liek a bony wolf, but with set-back, pointy ears and no split on her nose. Her fur is a ligtht, soft grey, and she has a tuft of thick fur over her chest area for obvious reasons.
    Personality: Steath! >.> <.<
    Skills: Having practically no skill in magic, Fikos prefers strenth over steath. She alaways carries at least one small weapon, and in her wolf form she disdains them for her claws and teeth.
    Other: Um... well, she's a werewolf, hates light, and has a weak spot for sugar. o.o
    RP sample: =3

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
    I walked out of my manor, in my typical hunting gear, and all of my weapons on my back, the only visible ones were the nunchaku in my belt, the staff on my back, and the kamas in shoulder-holsters. I nodded to the mounted patrol, wearing the unique armor of the hunters under their robes, the only parts of that visible being the helm with an open face, and the pauldrons. Every hunter had a strange spear across his back, and a curved sword on his side. "Tonight should be a relatively simple routine, so let's go." I said, and set the pace for the horses to follow, darting from the town...

Once we were within the thick forests surrounding, the patrols split up, the spearheads and swordblades began to burn, like torches, and I nodded. "That's the signal, there are werebeasts close. Be on your guard, and move out." I explained, and we began to patrol the forest systematically. Normally the Hunters only acted when a specific werewolf was causing trouble, but now, there were many, many more werebeasts, we had to acticely patrol to try to keep their numbers in check. We might even have to broaden our recruiting scale...

Psychotic_Demon

The Espeon of the Moon
    Years
    Kimiki stiffened. Her ears swivled around, listening for any unusual sounds. Just a moment ago--had she not heard the march of men and beast? She tilted her head back, sniffing the air. Kimiki's ears flattened against her head. Her grey hued tail bristled. They were here; the Hunters had returned.

With small startled cry, she bounded through the forest, weaving her way through the trees. Surely the others had heard... If they didn't they would die. Kimiki skidded to a stop, looking back and forth between her escape, and where other Were-Beast might be. "**** it..." The Werefox muttered crossly, and sped back toward the area where she had been before. She jumped into a tree, hoping to stay out of the Hunters sight long enough to warn someone or escape.

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
    I moved from another tree into the area, and lifted my head, taking a deep breath, and then my gaze went directly towards the tree she was in. "Please," I said, in a diplomatic, businesslike voice. "If you will come peacefully, we can end the suffering of your curse, quite painlessly. I really would rather not have to fight you, but I will, if you leave me with no other option." I said, one hand moving to a pair of Nunchaku at my waist, my eyes right on it. "Don't think that just because you are more agile than a werewolf, you'll be able to escape. I've been hunting all my life..."

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
    "You have been hunting forever, but not long enough."
    The voice was like the wind, like two branches rubbing together. It seemed to come from nowhere and everywhere, but the speaker had chosen to show herself. On top of a small mound, the silloute of a thin, dark wolf shape could be seen.
    "There is no escape from our kind, and soon the worms will feast upon your flesh, as they have ours for generations."
    The dark mass moved slightly.
    "Run, you filth, for I am the Fikos, the terrifying badness....."

Psychotic_Demon

The Espeon of the Moon
    Years
    Kimiki growled at the Human below her. "I would be struck down in a fight before I come to you willingly to end my life. The blades you hold will be stained by your own blood, Filth," She snarled, swishing her silvery tail about. There were too many for her to fight alone--but then, out of the darkness came another voice. One she had only heard once before. A smirk twisted on her lips.

So she did have a chance.

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
    I smiled. "Badness? Is that a word?" I asked, turning to face the newcomer. I looked around for a moment, then slipped a small horn from my Gi, and played two notes on it, that was the signal not to come close...

I rose my hand, twisting a peal-white ring on my index finger, thinking. "Girl, I've been hunting your kind for over four hundred years. I know what I'm doing." I said, and suddenly leaped, soaring into a tree just as high as the one the werefox was in, and holding onto the branch with one hand, I pulled the nunchaku form my belt, and began twirling them. "Prepare yourselves, for I am on the attack!" I said, and spun from the tree, soaring right at the werewolf girl...

Psychotic_Demon

The Espeon of the Moon
    Years
    Kimiki waited for the last minute. The Human came closer, and was now inches away from the Werefox, with his weapon trained on her. Now!! She thought, jumping down. Before he could make the blow, Kimiki grabbed onto a branch with one arm and swung herself upward. She twisted in the air so that when she landed, she was a branch above him facing his back.

In a flash she pulled out a small dagger, twhirling it in her hand. She slashed at him and jumped higher, out of his reach.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
    "Foolish, foolish scum of the M'an."
    The form of Fikos slipped smoothly beyond his reach. Her old bones creaked with age.
    "You have obviously never dealt with the Bonegaurd... foolish, foolish M'an..."

chrno

beyond the grave
    Years
    OoC: wow wow, whats going on her your are going very quickly, can some one explain whats up??

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
    I couldn't help but smile as I felt blood soaking my Gi. I stepped back, covering as I did so, throwing away all my weapons. After all, they'd only get in the way. "I am about to show you the error in your thinking." I said, and slipped the shining white ring off of my finger, and swallowed it, so that I'd e able to get it aain later. Almost immidiately, the change began. My Gi tore in severl places, but it was fast as most transformations went. Soon, there was a hulking, well muscled, and large, even by werewolf standards, alpha-male werewolf standing in a torn gi in front of her. "I am Moldwyn, greatest hunter of the earth, chosen personally by the creator of werewolves, Lord of the Hunt, and the Prince of Manbeasts, Hircine." I said, fanning out my hands, letting my two inch claws as I made reeference to the "werewolf god" as the unneducated called it. It felt great to get back into form. Sure, my human form was strong enough, but it always felt better to be in form...

Last edited:

Zero ex

Swordmaster
    Years
    Name: Kyosgue Sehenta
    Looks:
    Lycanthropy (PG 16-17)
    The same clothes and all, except that his shirt is not a top and it is a large shirt.
    Personality: He is serious. He doesn't care of anything. He only cares for his huntr's reputation.
    Skills: He uses both magic and weapons. He uses the wind to make pressure, if hitting the enemy, it will cut it's internal organs or its veins. That way the blood will flood up and the enemy will die in some seconds or minutes(Dependig where was the hit). He uses twin sabers.
    Other: Being a well recognised hunter, Kyosgue have joined the mages to capture their experiments. Tough the rest of the story is a secret.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    I lept lightly onto the roof of the manor I'd just relieved of certain extraneous posessions. I bowed from the rooftop, a pointless gesture that no one watched, but I felt it necessary. Of course, I'd have to seel these items soon, preferably at one buyer through multiple middlemen, throwing them further off my trail. As I ran and lept into thin air, I thought of how easily I outfoxed them, then chuckled at my own wit as I ran off into the forest. An acrobat for years, I found thwe drop easy as I grabbed a tree branch and spun around it to break my fall.

I ran ever-deeper into the forest laughing for little to no reason as I flitted through the trees, leaping off of them occasionally. Lo and behold, I soon came upon several people (or were-creatures, it seemed) in a favorite clearing of mine. Noiselessly, I lept into a tree to watch, a hand on my quiver to quick-draw an arrow should the need arise. Silently, I let my features shift, becoming a werefox once again to enhance my abilities.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
    ((OOC: It's night, right? Or in a dark place? O_o))

Fikos lowered her head and hissed ((OOC: Werewolves hiss? O_o)) at this Moldwyn one.
    "Hircine was a fool as well, it's only fitting that his spawn take on his traitssss."
    Fikos was, she realised, disgracign the name of her lord and founding father. But, she was different; just as her fur was grey as shadow, she herself was full of strangeness...
    "You treacherous brew of sun-bathers... you underestimate the power of the Folk..."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back