• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lysandre's Tump Card is banned worldwide, but Mewtwo-EX is not?

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Seriously? This is messed up! Mewtwo-EX is not even a Supporter Card. Seriously?!? Play Pokemon had like 3 years to ban Mewtwo-EX, but they blatantly forgot! Yet, Lysandre's Trump Card is banned worldwide! Do they really have to wait until Mewtwo-EX is dead until it can be banned? I don't get it!

Mewtwo-EX's X-Ball does 100+ damage for very few energy. How is that not as bad as having both players' discard pile being emptied in 1 turn?

Discuss about how Lysandre's Trump Card is banned worldwide, but folks still play Mewtwo-EX. (And I mean discuss, INSTEAD OF LOCKING THIS THREAD!)

Years
Well... first off, you're exaggerating Mewtwo's potency. It's insane, but far from non-counterable. Its status as a Pokemon class of card is what makes it very counterable, while NOTHING could be done about LTC.

Secondly, I generally do not lock discussions unless they are completely off-topic. This is a card discussion, therefore it is not off-topic.

Years
  • Age 50
  • Seen Jul 21, 2015
Trump card removed a way of winning the game (decking out). Mewtwo on the other hand is easily counterable using cards like suicune, or crushing hammers. Mewtwo is also being rotated out at the end of this year and a rotation would be a waste of time.

Back