• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Mach or Acro?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Unlike many other former title releases, in Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, we've had two bicycles to choose from--Mach and Acro.

With Mach Bikes, we are able to travel from five- to ten-times the speed, enabling us to reach distances within blink of an eye. With its help, we also have opportunity to go through sandy hills found throughout various places in Hoenn, which, at a slower place, are impossible to climb. If we're using Acro Bike, our speed might be slightly more slow, but thanks to it, we could perform a range of tricks, which I'm sure many of us find to be amusing.

When we had first played RSE, which bike did we wind up selecting initially, and was there any reason behind us choosing it? Of Mach and Acro Bikes, which would we call to be our most favorite, and what is our reason behind liking it? Are there any negatives regarding these bicycles that had bothered us while going through Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, and if so, how or why?

Squidchan

The Lady Cthulhu
    Years
  • The only thing with the bikes is that I could never remember which bike was good for what, so I always ended up picking randomly.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I always picked Mach bike since it was faster, haha. Took me several playthroughs to realize there was places you could get to only with an Acro bike iirc. I liked being able to move around quickly, even if I often drive into walls and trees etc >.<

Years
  • I chose acro a lot more than the mach usually, but swapped to mach whenever I needed to hatch some eggs. It just went too fast for me while acro was a perfect speed that didn't make me have to constantly move right and left until I was able to get through a door, lool.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I've heard that you can have both in ORAS once reaching a certain point in-game, so I'd assume that would make things much easier. In terms of which I prefer then it's the Mach Bike, the Acro is fun for doing stunts and tricks, but the Mach Bike gets you around so much quicker.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Mach, always. I love having speed so much more than being able to do a few bunny hops. It was a pain in the butt either way though when you were trying to access an area that you needed the opposite bike for :\

Years
  • I used the Acro Bike most of the time because I found the Mach Bike so difficult to control plus I find the bunny-hops awesome, and Acro's speed is just perfect.

Years
  • Of the two bikes, I think the Mach Bike is the one I use more often. The Acro Bike I only really care for when i'm going through an area that requires it for whatever reason, like to get items. However, I will admit it's fun to jump around with it.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    My first few playthroughs I choose the Mach bike. Now I really like the Acro bike :3 The tricks are so fun to do.
    So I prefer the Acro bike when i'm just playing through the game normally. But when I need to travel somewhere I'll just use the Mach bike.
    It's disappointing how in the later games we lost the ability to do tricks with the bike :c
    But it just makes R/S/E even more special :3

I really like how they did the bikes in ORAS. One of my favorite things to do in the game is ride around everywhere with my shiny Acro bike doing all kinds of tricks everywhere.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • I used the acro 96% (yes, 96) of the time, I found it to be much more casual and better to control. I used the mach only for the necessities, such as hatching eggs, or those places that needed it.

Infamy

Also known as ShinySigma
    Years
  • When I think of bikes in Pokemon games, I usually associate them with speed and being able to get places quicker. That said, I have always preferred the Mach bike in R/S/E. I do like how you can get both in OR/AS. ^_^

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I really liked the Mach once I got used to how to handle it. The Acro bike is cute and entertaining for a little while, and as mentioned, there are certain areas and items only reachable with the Acro, but once the novelty of wheelies and bunny hops wear off, I go back to the Mach for its speed. :)

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I prefer Mach to travel much faster than running shoes, though Acro just slow you down and so cool tricks only usable on slopes, while Mach isn't good for slopes and it use for travelling faster

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
  • What I'm gonna say is probrably a no brainier, but the only reason I like the Mach bike cuz it felt faster. Acro was like waay better. I Mean like maybe not that better, but I love it cuz it looks cool that's it. And I can do cool tricks with it.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Y'know, I always went with the Acro Bike since I absolutely suck at controlling the Mach Bike... xD

I was pretty sad when I found out that the Mach Bike was required to navigate the Sky Pillar, haha.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    The mach bike was easy for me to control and so I always used it as a kid. It wasn't until a few years ago that I started to use the acro bike more often because I like doing the tricks and I felt like there were more puzzles that involved hopping, rather than the mud slide shortcuts accessed with a mach bike.

However thanks to Alpha Sapphire, I can get both bikes and ride around which ever. Though I still use mach for extra speed. Acro is just for puzzles and if I feel like doing bunny hops.

Back