• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Machoke is a female O_o...no, that cant be...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    A. The Machop and Mr Mime Family should only be guys.
    and The Buneary Family,Gardivor and Jinx should only be girls.
    B. I can't think of one.
    C. I can't think of one.

Calvan

Uber Nerd
    Years
    You guys are going a little overboard.

The Machop line. And the Abra line should be male only due to the appearance of the evolutions. And only female Kirlia should be able to evolve into Gardevoir.

All the rest are fine as they are.

Years
    I don't think it's fair to say that pokemon should be male/female based solely on the name. Think about it, there's such a thing as a king cobra, but that's just it's widely used name, while it has a scientific name that has nothing to do with being male or female. If the Pokeworld is anything like our own, Mr. Mime, Geodude etc would just be common, or even area specific names.

It's a little hazzy though when the anime is taken into consideration as the pokemon usually say their own name, but others such as Onix and Charizard just growl....and both Krabby and Kingler would be named "Cookie" :P

So all in all, the physical features really determine what the pokemon appears as, but like SwiftSign already said, the animal kingdom is full of colorful males and more rugged looking females, which all in all, make this topic fairly useless.

If anything, those Pokemon that are only either male or female need to have a polar opposite, otherwise the species will die out. Also, most of the genderless Pokemon most likely DO have genders, such as many of the legendaries, like the birds. We just have no idea how they mate, when mate, or the conditions required for their offspring. The anime confirms this with the baby Lugia, and pokemon snap has Zapados(I believe. could be one of the other two) hatching from eggs.

The only pokemon I think should truly be genderless is the PokeGod, the lake guardians, the god dragons, and mewtwo. The gods etc because they are all suppose to be one of a kind, and Mewtwo because I like to think the scientists were smart enough to not give that thing a chance to breed.

Syphr

Happy to meet new people ^^
    Years
    You guys question this but not the fact that for the Horsea/Seadra/Kingdra line the female still gives birth?

Or how about the fact that Skitty and Wailord can breed?

It's just game mechanics guys >.<

If it bothers you that much, only catch the male ones :p

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2012
    I think every Pokemon should be genderless, just like the RGB games.
    Genders aren't exactly needed, not unless you're saying Pokemon have sex :x

Gyarados Girl

Atrocious
    Years
    I love Pokemon that break "gender rules." I specifically try to get male Gardevoirs and female Machamps and the like.

A. I don't think they should add any gender restrictions.
    B. Jynx should be able to be either gender.
    C. Genderless Spiritomb would make sense.

PokePokePokey

Training Since 1999
    Years
    It's Scottish. :P

Hey I resent that!
    Anyway, what about legendaries, I think Cresselia should be Female, I mean it looks like it, Shaymin maybe, the Sky Forme changes it a bit.

Or how about the fact that Skitty and Wailord can breed?

Please don't tell me how that could possibly work, I think Skitty should be classed as a baby pokemon, also about baby pokemon, should they be able to breed?

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2010
    All the regional pixies should be female, i think. (Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, and Shaymin. Mew is questionable though)

PokeLawry

Pokemon Master!
    Years
    I Think Mew Should be female, Mewtwo a male.
    and, it IS very unsettling to see a female machoke and mr.mime. hah.

ACTUALLY, When i showed my cousin a female Machoke, He said "It's Lady Gaga!" Ugh, Kids these days!

Years
    I don't think Mr. Mime should be male for one reason: only the english name says "Mr." If whoever it was that created it's English name gave it the name Barrikade or something similar to it's Japanese name, we wouldn't be having this discussion now would we? ;)

RHCP

||Sweetie Belle~
    Years
    Yes, I agree on Gardevoir being just Female - As then Gallade could be just Male.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back