• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Made in Abyss

Years
  • Does anyone like this series? I watched the first season years ago and only recently finally caught up and binged the movie + season 2 (which finished recently) in 2 days. I just love the music in this series and the dark themes overall, it's super unique compared to many others out there. Seems like it'll be a super long time before we get s3 since the anime caught up with the manga mostly, but it's okay, we waited 5 years and can wait 5 more!

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I mean everyone's experience with every anime is different. For example... for whatever reason a lot of people on the official Funimation (now the official Crunchyroll) Discord kept praising the hell out of Dragon Pilot (Hisone & Masotan) anime that's only available on Netflix so I watched it. When I was done... let's just say... without being extremely negative... it was a major disappointment for me and not as good as everyone on there claimed it to be.

But for me? Yeah it's pretty god damn great. Movie 3 was probably the best part of the series thus far but S2 has been pretty good and interesting at time as well so far.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I watched the first season and it was gross and extremely enthralling at the same time? Very weird captivating atmosphere in the show. Best thing about it was the music though. Like, holy crap:

Spoiler:

Years
  • i was super heavy into made in abyss back in 2019 and even have the first 8 volumes of the manga physically

i lost interest just over time and it's a series i want to pick back up now with the new season out

Years
  • But for me? Yeah it's pretty god damn great. Movie 3 was probably the best part of the series thus far but S2 has been pretty good and interesting at time as well so far.

S2 has been insane, as someone who doesn't read the manga some of the scenes were crazy.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • S2 has been insane, as someone who doesn't read the manga some of the scenes were crazy.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Made in Abyss never fails to hit the emotional tone it wants. It's crazy how easily it swings from filling you with a sense of wonderment, curiosity and awe to being soul crushing.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I think I'll avoid reading those spoilers sorry lol. I'm watching the english dub airing that's currently still ongoing on Toonami so I don't want to run the risk of spoiling something I haven't seen yet lol.

But yeah the whole thing is just too god damn good at this point. I might have to give it something for that....... 😉

Back