• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mafia In The Middle of Nowhere - Game Over!

Years
    Kitty is dead! He was a Vanilla Townie!

Is there something I need to be told?

Anyway, I suppose the logical place to start here would be looking at people who avoided the Aldo lynch. I feel like fellow scum are more likely to be avoiders than people who actively defended him since nobody would want to go down with a sinking ship.

malanaphii

i'm about to monologue, son
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2023
    Is there something I need to be told?

Anyway, I suppose the logical place to start here would be looking at people who avoided the Aldo lynch. I feel like fellow scum are more likely to be avoiders than people who actively defended him since nobody would want to go down with a sinking ship.

see, i somewhat disagree with the idea that those who defended him probably aren't scum. i'd say the way he was acting wasn't necessarily scummy, it was just really weird, so i doubt it would've been too suspicious for someone to not want to vote him. i'm somewhat sus of pecilia at the moment tbh (but thinking about it, it probably is more likely they'd have avoided arguing in case, but i don't think i'd rule them out)

Mars

Lowlight
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Aug 19, 2021
    So Vig -> Kitty and Mafia -> L'belle. No idea why they'd go for him, though

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
    Since we're not in a good place right now I'm going to go ahead claim. Vigilante here. Shot Kitty purely since, like me, they avoided the Aldo train. Oh I shot JD too for laughs, but mafia must've had the same idea. I really shouldn't be given roles that can kill people or let someone else do it. Also we shouldn't assume everyone who voted Aldo as innocent, it's good cover.

malanaphii

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2023
    yeah, if i was vigi i probably would've shot kitty too tbh. & if you're vigi, i guess i'm not particularly sus of anyone rn - no one's really spoken today

Years
    Well, Mala is probably inno since she and Aldo were against each other d1 and Peci hasn't been CC'd as of yet. I know my role which means process of elimination leaves

Mars, Ash, Naku, Charlie Brown and Doof2.

Bit of a stretch but it's interesting how Mars can say with certainty who was killed by who. I can guess some potential reasoning for that pretty easily so it doesn't mean much but I'd like to hear his explanation just in case.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
    Mafia In The Middle of Nowhere - Game Over!

Mars

Lowlight
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Aug 19, 2021
    Kitty would already be a top suspect, thanks to going for the abstain wagon. Killing her harms the scum team more than it helps them. Conversely, the vig would have less of a reason to suspect L'belle over Kitty

I think the fact that Aldo managed to shoot himself in the foot with his mala case implies that there was low scum communication, or at least around that time. I'll have to read back and see what I think about the more inactive players

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
    Somewhat surprised L'Belle was killed.

EDIT: wow I missed a whole page my bad. I agree with the above, scum doesn't seem incredibly organized.

Last edited:

Superjolt

Put some [b][color=Red]color[/color][/b] in your l
    Years
    You guys are boring Votals

Not Voting: Ash, Pecilia, Mars, Charlie Brown, malanaphii, Nakuzami, Bidoof FTW

48 hours left in the day

Naku and Doof must vote today!

Mars

Lowlight
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Aug 19, 2021
    I can agree that the Aldo wagon shouldn't be automatically cleared. Of those voters, I feel good about GP and Mala, both due to interactions w/Aldo. Remind me to stop being bad at the game and take their content into account, too.

Ash's vote is the only one that doesn't carry a lot of weight, since it got tacked on near the end of the phase, when the Aldo lynch was practically guaranteed. If he were scum though, he wouldn't need to appear conflicted about offing his mate. Leaning town, but thoughts on him would be appreciated.

Mars

Lowlight
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Aug 19, 2021
    As for the abstainers, I feel pretty good about CB. Has a legit reason for being gone, and still tried to promote discussion while he was here. His vote came late, so I can't gleam much from it.

Kitty flipped town, so he's in the clear. Don't know what to think about Naku/Doof, though. Seems like Naku popped in late and didn't notice the deadline, so I trust her a bit more. Doof's just been coasting by though, so idk what to think of him. Why didn't you vote?

Years
    Ash's vote is the only one that doesn't carry a lot of weight, since it got tacked on near the end of the phase, when the Aldo lynch was practically guaranteed. If he were scum though, he wouldn't need to appear conflicted about offing his mate. Leaning town, but thoughts on him would be appreciated.

Putting on the conflicted act is a great way to give off townie vibes, even if you're committed to bussing a dying scum buddy. It gives the impression that you're concerned about lynching a potential ally and leaves the window open for others to voice doubts while still putting a vote on the dying maf buddy to increase your own inno appeal. I could easily see Ash as maf.

Honestly Doof's post offsets me a bit. Something about it feels wrong.

Agreed that Doof's coasting a bit. I find Ash to be scummier as it stands but wouldn't be against a Doof lynch. Mind you, he may well die anyway given his inactivity.

For now I'm going to go with

[Vote] Ash

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    Sorry about my absence! Got back yesterday morning and straight to work and then KO'd last night lol. Pics to come later t was cool

Anyway, I think the mafia is between Doof, Naku, Ash, GP

Agreed that the first three have been coasting, and esp for Doof that's strange. Something strikes me as odd with GP but can't rly put my thumb on it, but at the same time I don't think he would lead a vote against someone so relatively early if he was scum, esp going somewhat against the verbal consensus of Doof.

Beyond Peci's claim, I think it's unwise to claim further today. Two of the potential set-ups have an odd-night cop and the other has bodyguard — anyone claiming cop will signal to mafia that there is no bodyguard in the set-up and allow them to kill without fear. Whereas Cop not claiming (or any other roles not claiming, really) at least keeps the scum team on their toes and might make them hesitate in killing due to potential bodyguard.

Biggest town read is mala for me (apart from Peci since un-CCed), I highly doubt Aldo and malta would have orchestrated their previous discussion as scum v scum — too risky for scum to do that in an early day phase imo and don't really see why they would've in the potential set-ups. Looks like it was just really poor judgment on Aldo's part to push the lynch on pretty much nothing. I know I'm late to discussing this lynch but figured I should leave my thoughts too.

So all that said, I'm most keen for a lynch of any of Doof/Naku/Ash/to a lesser extent GP. Would like to hear from these people before I vote (back home now so can check in properly!)

malanaphii

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2023
    i'd like to hear from the people who abstained/didn't vote for aldo who also haven't spoken today too. i'm kinda trusting doof atm - i was personally kinda sus of cb for a bit although i don't really have an explanation for why. anyway, i think atm out of everyone i'm most sus of ash, so i'm gonna go for that vote for now unless they come online to say something/someone else becomes more sus imo

[Vote] Ash

rn i'm thinking of this as my scum list (top most sus, bottom least)
    1. ash
    2. naku
    3. cb
    4. mars
    5. bidoof
    6. gp
    7. pecilia

Mars

Lowlight
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Aug 19, 2021
    i'd like to hear from the people who abstained/didn't vote for aldo who also haven't spoken today too. i'm kinda trusting doof atm - i was personally kinda sus of cb for a bit although i don't really have an explanation for why. anyway, i think atm out of everyone i'm most sus of ash, so i'm gonna go for that vote for now unless they come online to say something/someone else becomes more sus imo
    This doesn't seem very fleshed out. What's your reasoning for ash/doof?

malanaphii

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2023
    This doesn't seem very fleshed out. What's your reasoning for ash/doof?

sorry, wrote this just before i went to bed - just wanted to get something out there. ash's vote was added right at the end when aldo was pretty much definitely getting lynched anyway, so it made no difference- it just looked like someone trying to seem townie without actually adding any weight. as for bidoof, i feel like mafia would have either pushed harder to defend aldo or stayed silent completely, rather than staying more in the middle & asking for them to claim. i'd still like to see more from them, but as of now i'm more sus of naku than doof (but most sus of ash).

Back