• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: mafia

dad

big poppa
Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    so i had no idea who to suggest this to or where else to put this so.. MAFIA! the game of the uninformed majority vs. the informed minority aka town vs mafia. it's basically a strategic game that requires lots of reading and time involvement. i was wondering if it could be brought here since it takes some time to play and often brings out many heated discussions. if anyone wants to learn some more about it or see some examples vm me and we can chat about it bc i'm really interested in bringing it here. if there's already mafia here pls point me in that direction i'm still figuring things out

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • I attempted to run a game last year but there wasn't much activity or interest in it.

I feel that forum games needs to take a slow and steady road to handling topics in their forum that involve more than one line of rules.

I would love to see Mafia blossom in that forum though.

Polonaise

Pianist
    Years
  • Yeah that game didn't go that well last year haha..

Mafia should make it's way over to these forums. It's a great game and really fun to play. I'm pretty sure more people would play it if there was more attention. Maybe a subforum for it? I know Marriland has a subforum for Mafia and it's been a great addition to it, and in my opinion has brought more people to the game.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • Problem is... you make a sub-forum for something that has no following, you get an empty sub-forum.

The reason Marriland needed a sub-forum was because it had such high demand and ascended to a Higher Plane of forum gaming.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Submit in this thread how the game works and what it entails. I'm always interested in seeing new content, so if it looks good and makes sense, we could try taking it up the ladder to see what we can do. :)

Reactions: dad

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I feel really the most you would need to talk to about making a mafia game - if anyone - are the Forum Game section mods. (After all, they are in charge of threads there, and that section is the best fit for a mafia game). And given Luck Hax made a mafia game there already, I don't see any issue with anyone trying another in there already, provided it follows the rules of that section.

No to a subforum though, as said above there needs to be a considerable interest in it to warrant it.

Mafia is fun, it just needs good organisation and some luck in gathering interested people who'll stay around to participate (given it takes multiple days).

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    i must hunt down this mafia game

Submit in this thread how the game works and what it entails. I'm always interested in seeing new content, so if it looks good and makes sense, we could try taking it up the ladder to see what we can do. :)

sweet well here's a brief summary:
    basically like i said its town (the uninformed majority) vs the mafia (the informed minority). meaning the mafia knows everyone in the mafia and town has no idea who is who they only know of their role. to compensate for the towns lack of knowledge there are more of them than the mafia. every player is given their own role via pm and not allowed to share their role with others or speak to others unless they are in the mafia. mafia is given a chatroom sort of link so they can scheme how they can win against the town. the game is played in 2 phases: day and night. day is the time where everyone chats and discusses who they believe is suspicious (the mafia will try to blend in with town and town will try to snuff out the mafia.) at the end of the day (usually lasting 48 hours) everyone has a vote to lynch who they believe is mafia (if you're mafia you obv won't try to lynch your teammates so you'll probably try to vote on someone who is town but not stick out so town suspects you as the next mafia). the lynch goes to the person with the majority of votes and they are killed off revealing the role they were given. night usually lasts about 24 hours and it's the time where power roles can use their power. for example doctor is a town aligned power role that can save one person from being killed every night. a mafia aligned power role might be assassin and the assassin can choose to shoot one person every night. the town's goal is to kill all the remaining mafia members and the mafia's goal is to outnumber or match the people of the town.

a little bit more about roles:
    they'll be pm'd to every player at the beginning of the game and aren't to be shared *unless you're in the mafia*

- town roles are usually represented by the colors blue and green. green roles only have the power of their voices and blue roles have actual night roles such as doctor.

- mafia roles are usually represented by red. the mafia chat together on their mafia chat and discuss who they want to kill together. there are mafia goons who don't have power roles so all they have is the power of their voice and can talk with other mafia teammates about who should be killed that night. in the end it's up to the mafia members with the power roles.

i reaaally hope all of that made sense

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Yeah, it does make sense. I was also told some of the stuff by fellow staff members on Skype how it all worked. I'll try to sniff around and see where this might fit best for us to try and make a game of it. :) Thanks for typing out the info regardless!

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • El Héroe Oscuro ran a successful supporter mafia game, however it died when it was brought up to the general public. I think it'd be neat having running mafia games, but the people just seem to find no interest in it.

Years
  • In the past, it's gone in Forum Games. The primary issue is getting people to participate for the whole thing and not vanish after a day or two. That's what has killed off mafia games in the past.

I'd be willing to assist people with running this, though I happen to have never played a mafia game myself.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    Yeah, it does make sense. I was also told some of the stuff by fellow staff members on Skype how it all worked. I'll try to sniff around and see where this might fit best for us to try and make a game of it. :) Thanks for typing out the info regardless!

you're welcome ! and maybe that summary can help out someone who is considering playing in the future !

El Héroe Oscuro ran a successful supporter mafia game, however it died when it was brought up to the general public. I think it'd be neat having running mafia games, but the people just seem to find no interest in it.

i'm glad so many people feel that way haha. maybe if we generate enough interest we can run a monthly game and build off of it like that?

In the past, it's gone in Forum Games. The primary issue is getting people to participate for the whole thing and not vanish after a day or two. That's what has killed off mafia games in the past.

I'd be willing to assist people with running this, though I happen to have never played a mafia game myself.

woot well i think to get this thing up and running we'll be needing some assistance. it also would seem you're just the mod i needed to speak with lol.

Back