• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Magic coat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunners

wants Arsenal to pwm everyone!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2009
    Can anyone tell me more about the move magic coat. I know it bounces back moves that inflict status's but is it only stuff like uh thunder wave or can body slam be hit back too?!?! And if its faster what happens?

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    The move Mirror Coat, is a move that always goes last, and, it only and also reflects Special attacks back, not phisical, Mirror Coat is pretty much the same as counter, except for SpA. :) Happy?
    I doubt it, since he asked for Magic Coat and not Mirror Coat.

Magic Coat has a priority of +4, so it'll pretty much always move first and so in that turn if there's a status effect inflicted on your Pokemon it will be bounced back.
    As for what moves it can block, from what I understand it's any move that induces a status state as their only effect and any move that alters stats but do no damage. So something like Body Slam's side effect of paralysis wouldn't be bounced back.

bearsfan092

Competitive Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    Indeed, I don't think moves like Bounce or Body Slam will be reflected. However, moves like Will-O-Wisp and Hypnosis will have their effects bounced.

Gunners

wants Arsenal to pwm everyone!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2009
    Oh okay then thanks for that infomation. Glad about that priority bit. Would you guys recommend it for a poryon 2?

Paradox Dragonite

Don't laugh at my CB Froslass!
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    Only if it's a Lead. Otherwise, there are better things you can put in the slot.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back