• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Magic the Gathering

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2022
    I don't know if this is the right place to put this, but if it's not, I'm sure a mod will move it.

Hello, and welcome to my Magic the Gathering thread. Really, it's just a place for people who like MTG to talk. I'll get us started by asking this question: Who is your favorite planeswalker and why?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Spoiler:

My favorite by far is Sorin Markov. He fits right in with my favorite deck, black vampire life drain. It takes a while to get this guy out but once you do he starts with 4 points which is pretty hefty, and he has a really good ability that gives him +2. Overall I just really like this card, and if you get to the point where you can control the enemy's next turn you can do some pretty creative stuff with it. Not to mention how sick his artwork looks.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2022
    That's pretty sweet. I usually run a red scorcery/green beast deck, but I have experimented with some vampire decks.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2014
    I've never really thought about what my favorite walker is, but I would think maybe Ashiok. She is my favorite to use in standard right now.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • The Nicol Bolas Planeswalker is my favorite at the moment, because he runs the best with the deck I currently have for EDH. A close second however would be Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas because I have a deck that runs on artifacts/artifact creatures and poison counters. Nothing I have is good though. I only have one infinite combo whereas my friends have 4 or 5.

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2014
    I started playing Magic around Mercadian Masques. I've been in and out since then, and I didn't play at all from Kamigawa block to Avacyn Restored. At first I really didn't like Planeswalkers, but I just got two Xenagos, The Revelers for a red/green standard deck I'm working on.

Red/Green has always been my favorite combo. I've also got a Fires of Yavimaya deck that is my favorite go-to. I play EDH/Commander a lot with friends, so I'm always playing around with new deck ideas for that format.

Neo Emolga

Legendary Sky Squirrel
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2016
    I am a really old school MTG player (don't even know what Planeswalkers are!). I started with fourth edition (1995) and pretty much stopped around the time of the Tempest expansion (1997-98). I mainly stopped playing because after a while, the cards just got to be too expensive and I don't really want to know how much money I've burned on them.

I still have all my old cards though. Not even sure if they could even be playable with whatever new cards and stuff they have going on (I imagine by now so much of the rules have been changed around), but I guess they're still good for nostalgia's sake.

Man, I feel old.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I like a lot of the older cards because they're really broken and a lot of people just don't know about stuff. With my main deck the only things that ever give me trouble are blue and sometimes green.

So far in the couple of months that I've been playing MTG I've spent almost $200 to make a working, usable edh. I started off playing with Black Red Blue using Thrax as my general but after a while I stopped with that and switched to a Red Green Black with Kresh as my general since it was easier to use some of the cards I was finding at the local card shop with those colors. I really want to work on making a working 5 color edh that works and doesn't use slivers.

Storm cauldron and Uba mask work wonders to piss people off, as long as you run mana creatures/artifacts/omnath.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I see a few of the kids at school playing this game from time to time , I want to learn how to play. You guys have any tips for beginners?

Years
  • I see a few of the kids at school playing this game from time to time , I want to learn how to play. You guys have any tips for beginners?

Yes. Get one of the preconstructed learning decks to learn how to play. Then once you've learned how to play and gotten a few matches under your belt, go out and buy one of the preconstructed theme decks from a set that is not the base set (which are the ones named like M15/M14/M13/M12, etc). Those theme decks are generally lots of fun, though depending on how serious the players you play with are, it could have a hard time keeping up with their decks. That really depends on how serious the players you play with are, though. Seriously good decks cost some serious dough. After that, buy one of the deckbuilder toolbox things they sell. That should give you what you need to either tweak your theme deck or build a new deck from scratch.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2022
    I just built a new Black/Blue control deck centered around a combination of cards that allow me to take control of players' creatures. It also uses a fair amount of library depletion.

This gives me another idea for a new question:

What is your favorite color or combination of colors?

Sir Codin

Blue/Red is usually fun, specifically when Red's purpose is "deal tons of damage for cheap" and Blue's purpose is "I don't think so, dude."

On another note, why do we not have a Tabletop Game forum here on PC? I remember we had one once, what happened to it?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Died due to lack of interest? It'd be nice to have one, but idk how much activity would really go on in there. If we had one I know I'd be a lot more active for sure. Get us some D&D or Pathfinder started.

I've been really contemplating making a blue/white control deck just to piss off everyone I play with.

Back