• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Magical Girl Anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuchan

Cute and full of royalty
Years
  • Ok Ok we know theres loads of Magical girl Anime out there, but which were your most fav? I like CardCaptor Sakura and Mermaid Melody best. How about you?

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • I'm not really into magical girl anime's as they tend to be a little to girly for me. |D I want action and romance, but not too girly. XD
    But anyways, I not too long ago borrowed a DVD from one of my classmates (I had no idea what it was about). She gave me the first DVD of Pretear. Which was quite funny actually. XD Himeno wasn't a stereotypical japanese anime highschool girl at all, you know, the giggling and such? Well, she laughed like maniac. ._."

Spoiler:

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    eh...that'd have to be Cardcaptor Sakura...maybe followed by Nanoha, i actually don't think i've seen that many mahou shoujo series

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • Nanoha and My Melody.

...does My Melo even count?
    The only really magical guy is Usamimi Kamen, and the show is more slanted towards black humor.

Nanoha is important.
    Made me realize how much potential magical girls have when it comes to military applications.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Mermaid Melody, hands down. Forget magical girls, it's my favourite anime. Period. :D

I've seen the first episode of Nanoha, and I'll probably be watching a few more in the near future.

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    I haven't seen very many but among the classics (and popular), I adore CardCaptor Sakura. Shugo Chara is decent as well but I dropped it after a few chapters.

Also, I'm not sure if it qualifies as part of the "magical girl" genre but Powerpuff Girls Z is another favourite, seeing as how they've made the girls more...magical in comparison to their original superhero-esque concept.

Chelzbell

magical girl undercover
    Years
    • Age 36
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 13, 2010
    Cardcaptor Sakura
    Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha
    Ultra Maniac
    Shugo Chara

as far as magical girl animes are considered, I like these ones. :)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I don't think I've actually watched all that many. My favourite (from what I've seen) is Cardcaptor Sakura but I'm very much enjoying Sailor Moon as well now that I'm watching it all the way through in Japanese. ♥

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
  • I am a Mahou-Shoujou goddess.
    Their are many great Magical girl anime.
    Some of my favorites Include
    - Sailor Moon
    - Cutey Honey (All renditions)
    - Pretty Cure
    - Wedding Peach
    - Tokyo Mew Mew
    - Princess Tutu
    -

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • NANOHA, NANOHA, NANOHA <<<<<<3333 I love Magical lyrical Nanoha!^^!

She is the single greatest magical girl around. I mean beats the crap "befriends" almost an entire army for TSAB by the end of the series. Also you have an alternative magical girl. She isn't just some fanservice-y frilly sugar mary sue/canon sue. She had talent and still trains. She just is the best in my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    No Rayearth fans here? It's too bad; MKR was amazing...I had season two's ending spoiled for me, but it WAS enjoyable even though entirely predictable...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back