• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Magical leaf or razor leaf.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2018
    Timbejrr, Sceptile is Special oriented =\

Razor Leaf: Better for high attack Pokemon. Also for flinching chance. Is outclassed by Leaf Blade and such.

Magical Leaf: Better for high Sp.Atk Pokemon, so seeing as most Grass types are special, it's normally the better option for them. Also has the never miss tag, which can prove very useful in-game. Stronger. Outclassed by a lot of Grass moves.

Both suck tbh, but depending on the Poke, both are fine in-game. Magical Leaf has more overall props, so you could say it's better.

Oh, and as much as I know you haven't realized this, but gen 5 is coming up. IT'S NOT GEN 1 ANYMORE.
    Even thought I'm a gen1 fanboy D:

PunxsatownyPhil

The guy who still uses a GBC
    Years
    You mean 55. And you can still get critical hits with Magical Leaf.

EDIT: Heck, you know a stronger physical grass move, but still has a high critical hit ratio? Leaf Blade.

No, in Gen. 1 there was no Leaf Blade. I have been playing Yellow, and every single time I have used Razor Leaf it has criticaled. Therefore, it EFFECTIVELY HAS a base power of 110.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Magical Leaf because Cherrim learns it leveling up. n_n

Also the situations in which having a swift attack against something that keeps sand attacking or double teaming greatly outnumber the times I just need some extra crit hits. So choosing between the two is pretty easy for me.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    Magical Leaf is prettier 8D;; Also, in-game, which is where you'd be using it, I think avoiding accuracy modifiers is better, because Pokemon try to Double Team / lower your accuracy.

But really, they're hard to compare. Magical Leaf has 5 more base power and is special, so on Pokemon like Roselia, which have higher Special Attack, it's better. Razor Leaf is physical, so Pokemon like Tangrowth should get it.

Cute Grass-types get Magical Leaf. There you go. tl;dr Ms. Lightning is perfectly correct. B)

Back