• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Magicarp in battle

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2012
    I recall one time I was aboard the SS Anne and I was battling Gary... My Pokemon were weak from battle and one by one our Pokemon started to faint as the battle raged on. It was down to our last. I'd used up all Magicarp's splash moves before I'd gotten on the boat so all he had was "struggle" which inflicts minimal damage. Gary's only usable Pokemon was Kadabra. I had no revives and no potions left. Luckily I'd used leech seed from my Ivysaur before it had fainted and Gary's Kadabra eventually used up all of its moves also. So for what seemed like an hour we used struggle back and forth until finally Magicarp emerged victorious and gained hella XP!

Have you ever had a battle using a Magicarp or another seemingly useless Pokemon and unexpectedly won? Share your story! :)

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
    Years
    I had the same thing with a Febas once. I hadn't given it any HM moves, and it tackle battled a team of Whooper to death XD

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2012
    I love when this happens and I breath a huge sigh of relief right after :D

Back