• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Magikarp Squad is a-go - a thread on a team of the same mons

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
  • We've all seen this one. Walking along, training your future team of superstars when all of a sudden WHAM.
    Fishermaaaan!
    "'Fisherman Andrew sent out Magikarp!' Oh man, this is too easy to believe." Is what you think immediately.
    *1st Magikarp faints*
    "Over already? Hehe, stupid fish." *releases another magikarp!* *rage*

and rinse, and repeat.
    How many times have you experienced these events, when a trainer has the same Pokemon in forms of 6? Annoying? Grind bait?

Talk 'bout it.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Exceedingly irritating, but only because it only ever happens with Magikarp. On the other hand, if that team was a available on re-matches, makes good EV training :)
    If someone had a team of six Dragonite on the other hand...that'd be badass.

Years
  • Ever since watching the videos where Marriland ragefaces at the Magikarp guy, I have to admit these types of teams can be annoying but if you're a serious EV trainer they can be beneficial in some way for training in EVs.

tealwing

Genie
    Years
  • The trainers with 6 Magikarp were pretty annoying to me as I played through the game, especially since the EXP yield was terrible. It's a waste of your Pokemons' PP if you'd ask me.

On a related note, I do remember a particular trainer with a team of 6 Wurmples in Petalburg Woods. People who've played RSE will know. >_>

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    The trainers with 6 Magikarp were pretty annoying to me as I played through the game, especially since the EXP yield was terrible. It's a waste of your Pokemons' PP if you'd ask me.

On a related note, I do remember a particular trainer with a team of 6 Wurmples in Petalburg Woods. People who've played RSE will know. >_>

They were good for training the neglected Pokemon though.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Annoying and bland. A fisherman with six Magikarp is staple in each game now it seems, but that doesn't make it any less eye roll worthy.

Years
  • I hate when trainers have even 2 of the same Pokemon in their party, so battles against those like the fisherman with 6 Magikarp are just there to annoy me. I might be okay with a trainer that had 6 Blissey or Audino, though (especially if they were re-battleable).

H0tB3ans

What is Sylveon?~
    Years
  • Just plain annoying. Got a pretty awesome team, walking along when suddenly, 'Hey, you! I bet you can't beat the superior team that my Dad gave me! Heh heh.', ... Makes me rage. >:C

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I guess they keep having 6 Magikarp Pokemon just as a joke. It isn't funny any more, it's just awarenesses stalling to make the game longer.

Back