• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Magikarps!

DawsonPhan

Training Trainer
    Years
    A lot of people hate magikarps but why? Did you know magikarps can learn bounce in a move tutor?

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    I never really hated magikarps, even when I was a kid. I always knew if you get one early in a game it will benefit you. And no I did not know it could learn bounce from a move tutor :D thanks for the tip!

Ayselipera

I don't know or heard of anyone who hates Magikarp. So I don't know where you're getting that from.
    They might be weak, but like GlitchCity said before me they can benefit you in the long run and they're so nostalgic. :)

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    I don't hate Magikarp, but they annoy the hell out of me. I spend about two hours in-game training one to get a Gyradose, usually at the suffering of my other Pokemon. However, the end result is always the same, an immense feeling of accomplishment, a relief to my headache, and a nice Gyradose ^.^

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    For the reason, I'm annoyed with Magikarps since almost all my catches are that, and I'm expecting my catch to be a Feebas...

And I hate Gyrados, freakin' hell yeah. Despite the great stats and moves, I never actaully used one.

Jemzx

Guardian Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2010
    I don't hate their existence, but yes I hate to fight em!! They give so damn lil experience to my pokemons, and I DO HATE the fishermen who has 6 magikarps damn it...xD Good thing they evolve into Gyradose xD

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Yes, they can only learn bounce in HG/SS versions. I don't hate magikarp, but Its voice does gets annoying and it flops way too fast. lol :p

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I like Magikarps I have the card and I don't know when it leared to bounce.

Ninetales433

KHR Forever *-*
    Years
    Yes, they can only learn bounce in HG/SS versions. I don't hate magikarp, but Its voice does gets annoying and it flops way too fast. lol :p
    Really?I know someone's Magikarp learned Bounce in Platinum (Before HG/SS got out)
    I don't hate Magikarp,just annoyed of it.

Years
    i hate magikarp because they are so weak, i don't like gyarados because they are ugly and slow and for the first 3 gen, gyarados's very high att base is for nothing since water type don't use att and gyarados learn no flying move despite its secondary type. and that make me hate hate hate magikarp

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Oh come on. You can't expect an awesome Gyarados to just fall from the sky, you've got to work for it. Magikarp is awesome.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Magikarp can be annoying at times, but I have never hated it. Besides, it evolves into one of my favorite Pokemon, Gyrarados. =)

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    I didn't know that, but I'm not surprised. I have a hard time imagining that Magikarp can Bounce high enough to inflict damage. Oh well.

I don't hate Magikarp at all. It's there for lulz (those trainers that use 6 Magikarps are annoying, though), and it evolves into Gyarados, which I love. I'm actually quite fond of that giant... water snake thing.

Harumi Fujyoshi

Ichiban fujyoshi desu!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2015
    I like Magikarps :)
    They evolve into Gyarados and it's really silly in a cute way.
    Although yes, the fishermen that have nothing but Magikarp are a pain.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Uhh...i don't hate them...

I just wish they weren't in every game, right at the start. Make old rods catch Finneon or something (i hate goldeens, who're like magikarp without a decent Evo)

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Okay, after I get it to learn Bounce, then what?

Magikarps are annoying when I have to fight them for EXP, other than that I don't think I have anny feelings for them

Years
    • PA
    • Seen Jan 11, 2010
    I love Magikarp!

It ends up being a very rewarding pokemon, they're easy to level up to 20 for Gyarados.

The Red Chain

Flail is where Magi's real power is at! 8D

I love that noob pwning fish, and not because it evolves into Poopados. :3

Last edited:
    Back