• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum hack: MAGM7 Entry: "Richard" + Pokemon Awesome Version XD

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi,
    Here is a hack I made for a contest last year (Make A Great Map 7). Idk why I just got the idea to post it here.
    The contest is about themes. As I understood it, the theme I chose was "it's unsafe to go out at night," or something, so I made this very spooky and scary and rippen.

I was originally making another FR hack but then I dropped it cuz I got bored. Later I started making a Plat hack instead but I got bored again. ROM hacking is a lot of work for little reward because I don't market well. Also, let's players disgust me. For me, the real heroes are longplayers without commentary.

In any case, here is the download link:
    You will need to use DeSmuME for the emulator, as the ROM base I used was a bad dump. (More like a big dump ifykwim.)
    Also, the ROM base of the dump is "3541 - Pokemon Platinum Version (US)(XenoPhobia)"; you must patch using this ROM. Obviously I can't post it here, but it's easy to find.

As a bonus, here's the original, non-contest demo of Pokemon Awesome Version XD if you are interested in a more traditional Pokemon experience:
    This also requires DeSmuME, of course, having used the same ROM base as my contest submission.
    It only goes up to the first gym, but it has a few routes, towns, a rival, and some other (very cool) stuff.

You can patch .xdelta files with... Xdelta, which you can find here:

Mods if you want me to make two threads I wouldn't mind doing that either. Just approve this one and I'll delete the demo stuff and make it all about the MAGM7 submission.

Screenshots of MAGM7 entry:
    Spoiler:

Screenshots of demo:
    imgur link

Frankly, a lot of what I wrote here in this hack is just weird and/or gross. I hope you enjoy.
    (If you are interested in the Make A Great Map contest, leave me a message, don't ruin the thread--leave that part to me.)

Attachments

• MAGM7 Entry: "Richard" + Pokemon Awesome Version XD
      8.png
      21.5 KB · Views: 1
    Last edited:
    Back