• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Magmortar or Electivire?

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    As anyone with a brain can see, they made Magmar and Electabuzz mortal enemies.

They learn all of their moves at the same level, have opposite stats, (physical vs. special, for example) and Fire and Electric have no advantage over each other.

So maybe not necessarily "mortal enemies," but they obviously didn't do all of that on accident. So... OVER-all, which one would you rather have?

there was supposed to be a poll.. T-T oh well.

I'd have Magmortar. I've always been a fan of Magmar and Electabuzz, but Magmortar is definitely more my speed. :D

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Electivire would be my choice between the two. I've never been that big of a fan with Magmortar's line, plus Electivire just seems to have a better design. I also like how Electivire has a wide move pool and is the final stage in evolution of one of my favorite Pokémon, Elekid.

I would say though that Magmar did get a nice evolution, because I would prefer to choose Magmortar over Magmar any day.

The Apprentice™

PC's Offical Gangsta
    Years
    Sure Magmortar is a flaming duck, but honestly. If you actually see one wouldn't you be amazed. ^^ But even tho I love Magmortar, I hafta say Electivire when it comes does to appearance.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    Magmorter is quite possibly the second nastiest thing bar Arceus:C

I actually think Electivire looks pretty cool, and I like his typing. So I say Electivire. He looks like the pokemon version of Richard Marcinko.

Ayselipera

I like them both, but when it comes to a decent graphic design Electivire wins. So if i absolutely had to choose I'd pick Electivire, but Magmortar still has a little place in my heart.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    Im not too sure. I dont really like any of them but i'll just pick electrive because it looks a little less weirder than Magmortar.

DCM

A Boy Named Sue
    Years
    I play a lot of UnderUsed. Therefore, ive never used Electivire. But the few times ive played against him in a OU battle, he seems to be pretty bad. Magmortar isnt fantastic, but he's pretty good for a fire type UU

Zenith101

boss
    Years
    Magmortar, not only because I like firetypes. I personally think Magmortar would go to town on him regardless.

Years
    Electivire at least looks good, not to mention is pretty much way more awesome than Elekid and Electabuzz in my opinion. It's like the only new-evolution-of-first-gen-Pokémon I liked, Tangrowth and Magmortar were horrible. So I'm going with Electivire here.

cartercr

Sour Kangaroo's best friend!
    Years
    Okay, let's get both sides of the argument out here.

Electivire:
    Obviously has a cool pic. However this does not help answer the question.
    Thunder Shock - 40
    Shock Wave - 60
    Thunderpunch - 75
    Discharge - 80
    Thunderbolt - 95
    Thunder - 120
    These are it's stab moves, so it will gain an extra %50 on those. This will make those more effective.
    Motor Drive - If you're using it in a double battle, you can get it going really fast.

Magmortar:
    Ember - 40
    Fire Spin - 15
    Fire Punch - 75
    Lava Plume - 80
    Flamethrower - 95
    Fire Blast - 120
    There are it's stab moves, so it will gain an extra 50% on each of those.
    Flame Body - This can be usefull against physical attackers. Also it is very usefull for breeding.

My results: Take your pick they are both very good pokemon. If I had to choose, then I would pick Electivire, due to it's higher speed, and my personal preference of physical attackers. Also it is more usefull than a Luxray, and a magmortar can be replaced by Infernape.

Back