• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2015
    Just got into this and I'm starting to like it. It's very interesting. Anyone else watched this? If so let's discuss!

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I've watched the show and I just saw the third movie, Rebellion, a couple months ago. It's not bad, and I'm definitely a fan of the series but I do agree with some critics that it's overrated. It's definitely a good show, don't get me wrong, but some of the hype that it gets I feel is too much... But, that's just my opinion and all.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I thought a lot of the series was actually really sad...
    Spoiler:

It also had a lot of amazing art, which is what drew me in the first place. Plus that title theme... great.

But, I agree with Mochi, the series is somewhat overrated.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Urobutcher at his best.
    I loved Madoka and still love it.
    Plus Madoka pretty much made me love Aoi Yuuki's voice and she's my 2nd favorite seiyuu.
    I haven't watched movies yet because I need to prepare for fency fence.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2015
    I love the series to and I'm still watching it. I don't think it's overated I just think it's a great and fun series. Have you heard good things about the movies?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I really like this series but I tend to stay away from its large fanbase because I guess it is overhyped a little. I know I rated it a 10 on MAL but there really isn't much of a difference on my list between a 10 and a 9 it's really just how much I enjoyed it haha. I'm just a sucker for these kinds of stories - where you see a cryptic first episode and then everything else gets explained later and suddenly things you thought were weird now make perfect sense.

I did see the movie, but I didn't really like it that much. It just seemed kind of thrown together and not that well planned out. I might have to watch it again since the first time there was only a low quality version available.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
    I liked it when I first watched it. Especially the end when everything gets explained so well. It's also a disturbing storyline if you actually think about it, and some episodes are just heart breaking. A good series overall :)

Years
    There's no season 2 material after movies.
    Madoka is a cash cow but I don't think it's that big one.

Well if I remember correctly the 3rd movie(Rebellion) was supposed to end the series, like the writer wanted. But the editors wanted to continue the franchise, so they showed him a new script. Which made the end of the 3rd movie have possibilities of continuing the franchise.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    I feel like I'm the odd one out in thinking Madoka is supa supa awesome kawaii desu neko ai! Ok, sorry I just watched a really dumb thread simulator and that line stuck.

Anyway, I stand by most of what I said. I really love Madoka. Is it overrated...em...maybe? I'm not sure. My experience with the fandom outside of a small group is very limited and the people in said group don't sugarcoat it's flaws. I still haven't seen Rebellion tho (I know, I'm not a good Madoka fan!) but I plan on eventually.

Back