• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Make A Better Slogan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slugma Master

Gimme Cheese
Years
  • I don't know where this is supposed to go, but why can't pokecommunity make a slogan? Why can't it be like "Gotta Catch 'em all" or "Home of the fans"? Can you people post what slogan you like instead of "We're still working on a better slogan."

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • This should've gone in Q&F if anywhere...

And "We are STILL working on a better slogan" is the slogan.

*goes off to add to FAQ*

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • That's our slogan and it's not gonna change. ^_^; These "let's change it!" threads pop up every so often, but the answer is always no. Besides, it's a good laugh for "veterans" who can still remember why it's funny.

And this does go in Q&F. *moves*

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    Yeah... Why dont know "capt" thast the slogan? We arent really working on a better one XD

Andrea-chan

~In the shadows~
    Years
  • That has been PC's slogan long before I joined (a few days from now I will have been a member a year and a half so that is just showing how long I been around) and it has been PC's slogan even on the oldest PC. It's not going to change because it has always been the same slogan (I think PC is about the only large Pokemon forum with a slogan).

Cherrim

Years
  • No, it was slightly different on the old, old PC. (I think it's two olds... regardless, it was on the Ikonboard.) In the beginning it was "We are thinking of a better slogan." Then, when it was changed to a vBulliten, it became "We are STILL thinking of a better slgan" and it hasn't changed since. :3

Really, that slogan was part of the reason I joined. @_@ I recognized it from when I had signed up on the Ikonboard, and if I hadn't made that recognition, I may not have signed up again, thus, I wouldn't be posting here right now. =P So I think it should stay~ It has sentimental values. <3

Andrea-chan

~In the shadows~
    Years
  • Lightning said:
    No, it was slightly different on the old, old PC. (I think it's two olds... regardless, it was on the Ikonboard.) In the beginning it was "We are thinking of a better slogan." Then, when it was changed to a vBulliten, it became "We are STILL thinking of a better slgan" and it hasn't changed since. :3

Really, that slogan was part of the reason I joined. @_@ I recognized it from when I had signed up on the Ikonboard, and if I hadn't made that recognition, I may not have signed up again, thus, I wouldn't be posting here right now. =P So I think it should stay~ It has sentimental values. <3
    Yea I know, I just wish that they would make "STILL" in it all caps because they moved from Ikonboard (I'm not to sure if PC was called PC back when Kwesi just had it as his forum and Steve had his own and all had their own forums. But PC was Ikonboard from Oct 16th 2002 to Jan 16th 2003, Jan 16th 2003 is when PC moved from Ikonboard to vB that is when PC was made a vB forum) that's when they changed it to "We are STILL working on a better slogan." meaning that they changed forums and added that because it's new and everything. I just wish they didn't change it. But it is their board and they can do whatever they want to it. XD

Cherrim

Years
  • o_o I thought that was in November 2002... or something. Wasn't that when the bulk of the members here claim to be registered from? I know that in the summer of 2002 (I think it was '02), I joined PC as an Ikonboard. =\ And I'm pretty sure the name was still the same, too.

Andrea-chan

~In the shadows~
    Years
  • Lightning said:
    o_o I thought that was in November 2002... or something. Wasn't that when the bulk of the members here claim to be registered from? I know that in the summer of 2002 (I think it was '02), I joined PC as an Ikonboard. =\ And I'm pretty sure the name was still the same, too.
    Kwesi might have named it "Pok?mon Community" when it was his forums (like you have TPM and then you have TPM forums that's what Kwesi's forums was) but the Pok?mon Community where Kwesi, Steve, Nil, Ian, [turf] (I bet I got his name wrong XD) and Sean started was back on October 16th, 2002, back then it was Ikonboard (it was still Ikonboard back when PE2K joined) but after 3 months Kwesi got a vB license (it was one of them license that was only good for a year, after that you had to pay another $80 bucks to use vB for another year) so that is when PC was on vB. After a year the Admins had a chat or something about it and I got log so I read it and they was talking about the license had to be renewed on Jan 16th, 2004. So me and Abby was talking on MSN and we was talking about why they said it has to be renewed on Jan 16th, 2004 and not Oct 16th, 2003. So I asked Kwesi on MSN (at this time he was on MSN XD) and he said PC got vB on Jan 16th, 2003 not Oct 16th, 2004. And said it was Ikonboard till they got vB and just changed all the dates and stuff when moved. So for them 3 months PC was Ikonboard not vB.

Cherrim

Years
  • It was a vBulliten when I rejoined in December, though. o_o

Andrea-chan

~In the shadows~
    Years
  • Lightning said:
    It was a vBulliten when I rejoined in December, though. o_o
    The license was started in Jan, meaning they got vB in Jan. I also don't know how that could be because I remember PC had that Pikachu Green Layout in November of 2002 meaning they had the same layout for Ikonboard or PC was vB back a month before Kwesi said it was (but you have to remember that Kwesi the one who started PC said this, he said it was Ikonboard for 3 months), I know he might have got things mixed up but the vB license does back up the fact that PC was on vB starting the 16h of Jan on 2003 (what I am thinking is that Kwesi got it mixed up, Steve or one of the other Admins had a one year vB license, it was about to go out in a few months so Kwesi got one on the 16th of Jan 2003 and that's where Kwesi's vB license comes in to play).

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Satoshi-kun said:
    Andrea-chan, no we started off a vBulletin late October in Halloween, explaining why we had a Halloween Eevee skin (which is next on my bring-back list if I can get the pictures to it).
    Ok then Kwesi got a mix up and like I said maybe one of the other Admins had vB and they used it till Kwesi got his in Jan (because license was on Jan 16th, I am 100% sure about that, I might even have the log where they was talking about it, I sent it to you in an email Jake).

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Satoshi-kun said:
    I know, Andy. But then, one of the founders must have had it, and yet Nil doesn't have one, I dunno about Kwesi himself, but maybe we were renting a vBulletin by someone that time? It would explain the constant upgrades, but...
    That's what I'm thinking, it was about to run out or something and then Kwesi on Jan got a vB himself and we used that for a year and then V-Road had a full license and that is now what PC is running on.

Cool Cr@cker

I am now Chrono Cr@cker
    Years
  • Hmm....This slogan is pretty cool and funny.And I guess it can remind old members of many memories.LOL!
    This thread is gettin off-topic.

Cherrim

Years
  • Only "sometimes"? x3 Stretching the truth now, are we?

But anyway, I'm positive that it was a vB when I joined in December. =P So we had to have been using someone else's license or something.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Lightning said:
    Only "sometimes"? x3 Stretching the truth now, are we?

But anyway, I'm positive that it was a vB when I joined in December. =P So we had to have been using someone else's license or something.
    I am just trying to keep what dignity (oh big new word XD) we have left.
    It was not Sean's (because he says on his site he had to ask his stepmother to pay for his domain name so no way he could get vB), Kwesi got his on Jan, [turf] was just around for hacks and stuff, Ian owned #Free_Pokemon and it don't look like it would have had a forum (if it did then not a vB), that leaves Steve and Nil. I bet one of them two had vB before joining PC.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Umm…well all I know was it was really slow in 2002, or maybe I just picked a bad day. XP Whatever the case, it kept me from joining. So…yeah. o_o;
    And it's usually your fault Erica, so neer. XP

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back