• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Make a Gym Layout

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
    Tell me how you want to imagine your Gym if you want to be a Gym Leader. The format is as follows:

Clyde's/Gym Guide's message: (What does your Gyme guide say when a trainer speaks to him. He could talk about how your gym works, or he could ramble about how awesome you are XP Tell it here. It adds flavor to the gym.)

Gym Type: (What type is the Gym or particularly your Gym Leader.)

Gym Layout: (Now tell how your gym looks like. How do trainers navigate through or how are the trainers arranged?)
    Alright, time for an example, or my Gym layout.
    ---
    Clyde's Message: Greeting Champion-in-the-making. Surprised by what you see? Don't be fooled, the forest is only an illusion created by the Gym Leader's Zoroark. That means he specializes Dark-types.

Also another thing, since everything is an illusion, some paths may not be what they seem and in contrast some that aren't may be. So watch carefully when navigating the Gym. You might not know if you run into a deadend.

Gym Type: Dark

Gym Layout: As stated in Clyde's Message, the Gym's interior will have big forest maze for you to navigate through. Since it's an illusion, the forest may change paths and you may confuse yourself in it. Every step you take gives you a new view angle, fading out some parts of the forest and also fading in trick deadends. Standing on the right spot could help show the right path and there are markers on where to step. Also, a path could spawn a trainer hiding in the illusion so it adds surprise to the mix. Trainers inside are some Deceivers (custom trainer class, see signature for info) and Psychics. The Gym Leader is known as Myth (me).

DarkSerenity

Kari-Chan
    Years
    I wouldn't want a gym, I would want to be the Champion >:D
    .....(too much?)
    Anyway if I had a Gym I would imagine it like this:

Clyde's Message: Welcome,Champion-in-the-making! Up for a nasty challenge? Make sure you have some Dragon,Ice or Fairy type pokemon with you, otherwise this Gym is not going to be easy! The Gym leader is Kari-Chan. She battles with the dragons!

Gym Type: Dragon

Gym Layout: When you enter the Gym, you approach a Latios and Latias, hop on the back of one of them and they take you to another floor, which contains trainers. (Mah minion bbys!!) Keep riding on them in a pattern; Latias, Latias, Latios, Latias. Then you reach the gym leader, me :D

(just gonna add in something)
    Gym Leader Message:

Before battle: Hello there! I'm Kari-Chan! Well, that's my nickname. Anyway, let's battle!

Player win: Aww! I guess you win... Here, take this badge. And this TM!

Player loss: Maybe you'll win next time...!

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Oh this seems pretty cool. I'm actually gonna have a gym in my friend's rom hack, but whatever yolo.
    Clyde's/Gym Guide's message: Hi <trainer's name>! This gym is a normal type gym, so bring a Fighting type along. Yeah, that's right a normal type gym!
    Gym Type: Normal of course :p
    Gym Layout:A maze. The trainer has to beat all the gym trainers, and if the trainer messes up at some point, he/she has to fight them all again.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Clyde's/Gym Guide's message: Yo! Champ-in-the-making! This gym here specializes in Psychic types, and they can totally take down a fighting type. Beat the gym leader with a dark, a ghost or a bug type. Good luck!

Gym Type: Psychic

Gym Layout: An idea I had long ago was a crazy out of control space gym. :d First off all, there's normal ground. As soon as you step in a room, there will be a space-like area with the player's controls mixed up. That means up could go left and so on. The controls can randomize at any moment. Every time the player defeats a gym trainer, the controls mild up a bit and randomize lesser and lesser. Finally, the gym leader is on solid ground, making things much easier from here.

Years
    Clyde's/Gym Guide's message: I wouldn't have this guy there. My gym would be all trainer's intuition.

Gym Type: I'd go with water types because they are my favorite

Gym Layout: Hmm, maybe a maze set up where you start on sand and then use surf. As you move through the water maze, there are places where you have to use whirlpool and waterfall to move forward. For every wrong turn there's a trainer. Just to make the trek easier I'd have a few hidden items in the gym.

My lineup: Lapras, Lanturn, Quagsire, Starmie and Seadra

Back