• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity Daily: Make-a-Mega 2 - Complete

Sirfetch’d

I voted for Tentacruel since I nominated it! All of the options are sweet though and I am looking forward to seeing what we can come up with!

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    gooooooooo Luxray

Arcanine would be cool too but Luxray's so useless, I think it needs a Mega evolution more than Arcanine does.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • I voted Fearow, I really like it and its design, but its outclassed by Pidgeot in many ways (who actually got a mega)

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
    Years
  • I would like a Mega for LUXRAY, It really needs that Electric/Dark type and some more speed to wreck teams :)

Years
  • Zoroark, it's one of the best Dark types, and can be a great offensive Pokémon if given the right Typing+stats.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2024
    Out of the suggestions on the list, I feel like Mismagius, Luxray and Weezing megas would be interesting as they have perfect opportunities for new typings (Ghost/Fairy, Electric/Dark and Poison/Fire, respectively). Mega Zoroark would also be pretty cool mainly because I want to see N return with one. Most of the list would actually make pretty cool megas.

I would also like to see a Mega Honchkrow or a Mega Lapras. Honchkrow has always been one of my favourites and is pretty good in UU, but it could really do with a boost. (Also if Mismagius is on the list why not Honchkrow?) And Lapras has been a very iconic Pokemon since Gen 1 and is stuck in the bottom tiers; I can see a mega Lapras being pretty amazing especially due to its amazing STAB coverage (Water/Ice is only resisted by Water-types but Lapras gets Freeze-dry).

Years
  • Whoops, we've gone a bit overtime. Looks like we're going to be doing a Mega Luxray this time around. So what typing should it have?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Given Luxray's looks and moveset, Electric/Dark would make sense as it gets Crunch, and it could get Strong Jaw as an ability to boost Crunch and the elemental fang moves. Electric/Fighting would also work, it gets Superpower and we can give it Contrary. :)

Or we could be more creative and give it a secondary typing like Fire or Poison along with a Pixilate-like ability.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    No point in making it Electric/Dark, because it can't even learn Knock Off. :P

But in all seriousness, I'd just let it be pure Electric type and give it some Pixilate-y ability, that allows it to run Facade as its main STAB, alongside a decent way to mitigate Burn.

Sirfetch’d

No point in making it Electric/Dark, because it can't even learn Knock Off. :P

But in all seriousness, I'd just let it be pure Electric type and give it some Pixilate-y ability, that allows it to run Facade as its main STAB, alongside a decent way to mitigate Burn.

if it has a Pixilate type ability, it should be running Return or Double Edge as it's main STAB since it won't be holding a status orb anymore to inflict a burn/poison to power up Guts and Facade.

Anyways, I am fine with keeping it pure Electric but that is totally dependent on the ability. If we do choose to give it an -ate ability, it should definitely get a secondary typing. Electric/Dark is the obvious choice that people are picking because of looks alone but is it a viable typing? I don't think Electric/Dark does a whole lot for it other than power up Crunch(no access to Knock Off) and give it a Fairy weakness.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Like most have said, Electric/Dark is what I would say based off first glance but after reading through what others have said as well as a little research, I would say I really like what Christos said about the Electric/Fighting typing. It could get that Contrary ability and its access to Superpower would make it a great mega!

Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 20, 2017
    Electric-Fire would be an interesting combo. Especially if it got access to Flare Blitz... Sheer Force or Strong Jaw would go well with that typing. I'm more of a fan of Sheer Force - it would make Spark almost the same damage as Wild Charge, but without the recoil. Sheer Force Flare Blitz has already proven to be devastating with Darmanitan. Crunch would also be boosted, and so would Ice Fang for ground coverage.

If we can't let it have another move, Strong Jaw would be awesome. Crunch/Thunder Fang/Fire Fang/Ice Fang. It would be better than Sharpedo, with access to two STAB biting moves...

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2023
    Given its movepool and design, I still think Electric/Dark works best for a Mega Luxray.

Etherion

i'm not just too keen on making Luxray a pure Electric type, although, partnering his already existing type with Fighting or Fire is an interesting concept, I dont really see this come into fruition design wise. Soo... Electric/Dark it is :)

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
    Years
  • i'm not just too keen on making Luxray a pure Electric type, although, partnering his already existing type with Fighting or Fire is an interesting concept, I dont really see this come into fruition design wise. Soo... Electric/Dark it is :)

Yeah actually since its color scheme is black, so making a new design from the scratch just for the electric/fight or electric/fire would be a lot of paperwork so I will stick with ELECTRIC/DARK as well.

Strong Jaw would be a fitting ability for it.

Edit - I am also up for Infitrator as an ability and Sheer Force as well.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I voted for Electric/Dark and Electric/Fighting! I think a Flare Blitz/Wild Charge Mega Luxray with Fire as its secondary typing would be and look really cool but I don't we really want moveset changes, and a Fire type Pixilate-like ability would be too much. A contrary Superpower Fighting type could be fun, though! Dark type would have Crunch as a STAB move which should help a lot against Pokémon with types that wall Electric-types.

Back