• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity Daily: Make-a-Mega 4: Complete

Which stat set should we give Mega Weezing?

• [URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9340692&postcount=52"]Balanced[/URL]

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • [URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9342341&postcount=53"]Sweeper[/URL]

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • [URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9346407&postcount=54"]Defensive[/URL]

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • I dunno, I mean apart from just looking like it's begging for a fire typing, I think Poison/Fire makes for a great anti-meta type considering it resists a lot of prominent types in the OU meta. Ground could be an issue, but not if we keep Levitate.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I think poison/fire would be good! Couldn't we keep levitate as an ability or does it always change?

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Finally!!! Weezing is getting a mega!!!

Anyways, I also would like to see it become a Posion/Fire. If we allow it to keep Levitate, it becomes one of the more dangerous 'mons in the meta.

Plus, I have been begging for a Poison/Fire type for years and I can't let this opportunity pass me by.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    With Poison/Fire it basically begs to get Earthquake'd/Earthpower'd. At the same time, not having Black Sludge means its only recovery option is Painsplit. Add a weakness to Stealth Rock and it's going to be hell of a fun using it defensively. In that case both Levitate and Regenerator would be nice to have, preferably at the same time.

I suppose it could still go somewhat offensively, as a decent tank (can't really imagine it having a high base Speed stat). Adaptability, or maybe Sheer Force, sounds nice, since Poison/Fire looks like decent offensive coverage.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • I agree that either it should stick with Levitate or gain Regenerator as that ground weakness is major hole in its defense. Either of those abilities would help a lot to mitigating that problem and give it more longevity

Years
  • I think Levitate is the way to go myself. EQ/EP will wipe it out instantly otherwise. It's probably better to go with the need for good hazard removal support than to leave a big a weakness for the sake of losing one.

Years
  • And this is why Fire is bad........

We now have an inherit SR weakness and one-shot potential from a very common move. Therefore you're forced to run Levitate if you want to use it defensively.

Therefore i am actually going to along an offensive route, based on a fast killing machine. Weezing now has access to STAB Fire Blast which is great. In terms of ability? I'd love something such as Sheer Force; boosting all 4 of its offensive moves? Yes please!

In afterthought, you COULD run Filter.

It leaves you weak to SR and makes EQ even scarier sure but it also works pretty well vs a fair few other types/threats.

Filter and Sheer Force though, interesting ideas :D

Years
  • *sighs for a million years at seeing Poison-Fire typing*

Well since a majority voted to pigeonhole the concept into basically needing Levitate, I'm not sure what to support besides the three abilities already suggested...

I don't know. The Create-a-Pokemon project over at Smogon made a Poison-Fire Pokemon and gave it Dry Skin, which might not be a horrible idea? anymore than Poison-Fire was a horrible idea. >.>

Back