• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity Daily: Make-a-Mega 5: Complete

Whose stat selection should be used for the Mega Castforms?

• [url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9402627&postcount=49"]Castform[/url]

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • [url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9402665&postcount=50"]gimmepie[/url]

• [url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9402673&postcount=51"]Wolf[/url]

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • [url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9402803&postcount=52"]Volpe Artica[/url]

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • [url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9406444&postcount=53"]MrDollSteak[/url]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Make-a-Mega

We all know that there's a lot of Pokemon that just plain suck competitively. However, the introduction of mega-evolution as a mechanic allowed many Pokemon that would otherwise be very weak to suddenly become very usable. In the case of some Pokemon (ie. Lucario or Mawile), their mega-evolutions give them such a boost that they jump from lower tiers into Ubers.

So, for the Daily series Make-a-Mega, we're going to take a Pokemon that is ordinarily quite weak and create a mega-evolution that will render it usable in a higher tier. In the last Make-a-Mega we turned Weezing from a weak Pokemon and ineffective wall into an anti-meta Sweeper that also has enough bulk to make it a lasting threat. Now it's time to again submit ideas for a Pokemon to create a Mega Evolution for. Once we have our chosen Pokemon, we'll develop its type, ability and stats here whilst over in A&D a design to match our changes is created.

Week-by-week breakdown

Week One: Pokemon is determined
    Week Two: A&D work begins, type change (if any) is determined.
    Week Three: Ability change (if any) is determined.
    Week Four: Stat changes are determined. Featured design is selected.

Each week (excluding the artwork) is broken down into three days where ideas are suggested and then a four day poll to determine which idea we apply. The article is then written and published as the next polling process begins.

Guidelines

1. The chosen Pokemon must be fully-evolved or have no evolutions.
    2. It should not already possess a mega-evolution.
    3. It must be from a tier below OU.

Previous Selections
    1. Roserade
    2. Luxray
    3. Lapras
    4. Weezing

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I want a Mega evolution of Arcanine because Arcanine is my favorite Pokemon and I cry everytime that such a dope Pokemon as that doesn't have a Mega Evolution with each passing game ):

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Let's dig in the competitive trash can for a little bit. Nominating Chimecho.

Lunarly

(●´ω`●)
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Feb 2, 2019
    Nominating Milotic (This would've been perfect for OR/AS tbh...)
    Make-a-Mega 5: Complete

Last edited:

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
  • Make-a-Mega 5: Complete

Nominating Cacturne. Cacturne is evidently in dire straits, given that it dropped to PU in the most recent tier shift. A Mega Evolution could fix its dismal Speed while further augmenting one or both of its offensive stats.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2024
    Since Generations 5 and 6 are lacking in Megas, with only 1 each, I've decided to put forward a Pokemon from each of these generations
    I'm nominating Hydreigon for Gen 5 as it had some scrapped design elements that could be incorporated into a Mega Evolution. Slap on some cannons, give it Mega Launcher, and BOOM! (That last part is up to the community of course :P)
    For Gen 6, I will be nominating Pyroar as it has so much wasted potential for something with such a cool design; it would also be cool to see a mega with gender differences.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Hmmm I can jump on board with Pyroar! I will also go for the Gen 5 nominations like Volcarona and nominate both Stoutland and Braviary. Two Pokemon that would benefit greatly from a little buff to a couple key stats.

Sirfetch’d

Castform has an AMAZING movepool and could have a really good mega. Mega Castform would have 3 mega stones: Castite-Sun, Castite-Rain, and Castite-Snow. It would automatically summon weather upon evo!

<333

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • So Many Options!

Gave my boy Stoutland a vote, i want to see it become a big 'ol woofer. It'll be in a class of its own!

Seems I also wasn't the only one thinking Castform actually would be cool as a mega, commanding lead right now.

Years
  • A slightly "out there" idea, but Castform could have normal/??? as its type. You can choose 4 weather moves for it, each one taking it to a different form. Rain dance would take it it Normal/Water, Hail would change it to Normal/Ice and so on.

Then once chosen it has to stay in that form for the battle, and each form would have its individual movesets, with the weather move being one slot filled.
    So as an example the Normal/Water version might have Rain Dance, Thunder, Scald and Weather Ball, whereas the Normal/Ice version could have Hail, Scald, Weather Ball and Blizzard.

It's an odd one and there's a few bits not quite sorted, but I've been up all night. If someone likes the idea please build upon it.

Years
    • Seen today
    I honestly think Normal is what suits it best, I can't think of anything else that would work for it at this point

In the Castform's (the Pokémon's) original nomination post, Castform (the user) suggested three Mega Stones for it. This is probably why most people voted for it.

I personally feel that having 3 very different options is very hard to deal with if I were on the opposing team. Of course you can look at what kind of team it's on, but there's still no way of knowing until it Mega Evolves.

I would vote for either Normal (which would need some really big buff to either ability, stats, or moves), or actually the Rock type. Sandstorm is the only (real) weather condition where Castform does not transform into that weather's type. Instead, Castform turns back into its Normal type form. It makes sense (in my head) for Mega Castform to be Rock type with this reasoning.

Back