• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Make a negative a positive

Years
  • What are some potentially not nice situations that you have turned to your advantage, or seen the bright side in?

Here's an example. Yesterday morning I faced a small inconvenience when I was getting ready-- I was greeted by cold shower water, brrr! The water heater had switched itself off. I didn't have time to reset it, and just made due with the brisk water, and reminded myself that cold water tightens up the pores, sealing the moisture in and is actually best for the skin and hair. When i stepped out of the shower my curls bounced, my complexion looked nice and smooth, and i got lots of compliments at work on my appearance as extra pretty. I'm wondering whether I should brave the cold again today.

Now it's your turn to share some moments that could have been bad, but were made not so bad after all.

Years
    • Seen today
    I was at a renaissance festival and didn't have enough money, all I wanted was one of those huge pretzels and I get to the front of the line to figure out "wow my pockets are almost empty, i have almost no money".

Could have been an embarrassing moment, until the person running the food stand pulls out a wallet and says "It's on me, I'll pay for it".

It was a few years ago, but I've never forgotten the kindness.

Years
  • A lot of the foods that make me sick (I'm seeing a gastroenterologist! Don't worry.) are high fat, unhealthy foods. I obviously won't eat them and am inspired to cut more unhealthy things from my diet.

Years
  • Only thing I can think off atm , is when one my co-workers could not work the full day as usual, in order to attend a funeral.
    And the route he did have was late. He couldn't make it anymore. I had multiple routes, 1 of which was short and already there. I offered him a swap.
    His twice as long route that hadn't arrived yet, for my shorter route that was there. This way he could start right away and still make the funeral.

Not really advantageous to me since I had 2 other long routes to attend to (didn't finish until 8 pm xD), but I helped one of my co-workers out of pickle so I think it counts =p

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
  • Nightmares to me are good scary situations that can make you feel stronger once they end.

That's how I feel about my own nightmares :) Being I love dreams as a whole, no dream is really bad IMO at this point (even if i wake up disliking it ever so slightly)

Back