• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Make items function as HMs

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2016
    I know there's a way to use items as HM moves out of battle, as I've seen it in several hacks, most notably Ash Gray. Can someone provide me with instructions as to how to do this, or at least how to access the script for what the item does? I can't seem to change what any of the key items actually do in any Item Editors.

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2014
    Good evening rortik,

I suppose you need the JPAN-engine in order to achieve that. He wrote an ASM snippet which allows you to use scripts out of bag. A detailed instruction on how to do that is provided here -> xyz.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=258426 (I can't post links yet...) In the script itself, you need to do all the animations or OW-changing. For the OW-changing, I've recently found out how to do that, via hacking the RAM. I may post a tutorial about that =)

Best regards, ac3s

Back