• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Make up/down stairs better

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2016
    Sorry for all the questions lately. When you have stairs that go straight up/down, it seems like you are just walking flat, not actually moving up/down. Is there a way to make it seem like you are actually getting higher/lower. I have tried making the screen move but it only works when there is a single flight of stairs. If there are 2 in a row it seems off.

Riansky

Purr
    Years
  • Currently the answer is no. Its not possible. Or at least its not scripted yet. You can do it with move screen event yes but only for 1 or 2 tile high, I can't remember. But you should be able to do it via scripting.

andytu

Ditto engine developer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2014
    He was asking for STRAIGHT stairs not SIDE stairs :)

Woops, I read it as wanting to do straight up in terms of screen coordinates (and therefore while stepping left/right)... but now that you point it out it seems obvious ;)

Back