• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Make your own Ability!

• Thread starter Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
  • Start date

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Just as the title says, lets see what ideas the PC has! Be as creative as you want, from coming up with an completely new ability or even just slightly changing an ability to make it more useful! Be sure to include what type of Pokemon would generally get it! Here are are a couple of my ideas:

Rock Power
    When the Pokemon enters a battle where Stealth Rock is laid, the rocks are used as an offensive boost, Attack is raised by 15%.
    Obviously Rock types would be able to gain this ability.

ADHD
    Can't be paralysed.
    Thinking generally fighting types.

I bet all you out there can be way more creative then me. Lets see what you've got.

P.S Sorry if there is already a thread on this searched but couldn't find.

Polizard'12

Pokemon Trader
    Years
  • Adaptation: The user changes type depending on the environment. Probably won't suit any existing Pokemon.

Grassland: Grass
    Forest: Bug
    Sea: Water
    Cave: Rock
    Mountain: Fighting
    Rough Terrain: Ground
    Urban: Poison

There could be other areas such as the chargestone cave which could make the user electric type, or grave sites that make the Pokemon ghost type.

Disaster: Summons an unfortunate event at the end of every turn. This would be so overpowered for Absol!
    It may Summon: Sunny Day, Rain Dance, Hail, Thunder, Earthquake, Hurricane, Blizzard, etc.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Just as the title says, lets see what ideas the PC has! Be as creative as you want, from coming up with an completely new ability or even just slightly changing an ability to make it more useful! Be sure to include what type of Pokemon would generally get it! Here are are a couple of my ideas:

Rock Power
    When the Pokemon enters a battle where Stealth Rock is laid, the rocks are used as an offensive boost, Attack is raised by 15%.
    Obviously Rock types would be able to gain this ability.

ADHD
    Can't be paralysed.
    Thinking generally fighting types.

I bet all you out there can be way more creative then me. Lets see what you've got.

P.S Sorry if there is already a thread on this searched but couldn't find.

Limber already prevents paralysis. >_>

Anyway:
    Flame Restore: Restores HP instead of reducing HP when burned. Also ignores the Attack drop from burns. Meant to be a burn counterpart of Poison Heal

Nineray

Green Okido
    Years
  • Suicide:If a Pokemon Hp is 2/3's of the way down it self-destructs

Spy:You can check an opponents moves items etc
    and
    Type change: the Pokemon changes type every turn

these would be cool for strategist trainers

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Limber already prevents paralysis. >_>
    Don't we already have several abilities that do the same thing anyway?
    Like Cloud Nine and Air Lock, they do pretty much the same thing.

Last edited:

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Anyway:
    Flame Restore: Restores HP instead of reducing HP when burned. Also ignores the Attack drop from burns. Meant to be a burn counterpart of Poison Heal
    Yes, but read below. Maybe it would be better for Electric types?

Don't we already have several abilities that do the same thing anyway?
    Like Cloud Nine and Air Lock, they do pretty much the same thing.
    This.
    Suicide:If a Pokemon Hp is 2/3's of the way down it self-destructs

Spy:You can check an opponents moves items etc
    and
    Type change: the Pokemon changes type every turn

these would be cool for strategist trainers

Yeah, both would be very powerful abilities.

Adaptation: The user changes type depending on the environment. Probably won't suit any existing Pokemon.

There could be other areas such as the chargestone cave which could make the user electric type, or grave sites that make the Pokemon ghost type.

Disaster: Summons an unfortunate event at the end of every turn. This would be so overpowered for Absol!
    It may Summon: Sunny Day, Rain Dance, Hail, Thunder, Earthquake, Hurricane, Blizzard, etc.

Both really cool ideas! Disaster would be sooooo overpowered though. Maybe just like weather moves and then maybe now and then burning, poisoning or paralysing an opponent.

Great ideas guys keep it up!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Rural - Boost's the power of Ground based moves in a Sandstorm, Water based moves in Rain, Ice based moves in Hail & Fire based moves in Sun.

rageahollic33

Roserade is the best
    Years
  • Chain Reaction - If a Pokemon has either self disctruct or explosion. every pokemon in each team will take damage. including party pokemon.

Acid rain - any pokemon that is not water or poison takes damage at the end of each turn.

Saturated Hue

acrobatic effing pirouette.
    Years
  • Origin: At the end of the turn, the Pokemon's stat changes are eliminated.

Generally OP ability for things that like to spam Draco Meteor, Leaf Storm, etc.

Pika-D

<(*ΦωΦ*)>
    Years
  • These are all off the top of my head.

Net Trap: Makes all opposing Flying-type Pokemon open to Ground-type attacks like Earthquake and Dig.

Medical: Powers up healing or draining moves. Also raises the amount of HP restored when using an item such as an oran berry or potion by 10%.

Rocket: Increases the power of both Fire-type and Flying-type moves.

Bipolar: Stats change after every turn.

Rusty: A Pokemon with this ability will always move last. (Used with Trick Room would make a good combo.)

Protect: Increases stats by how much the Pokemon likes its trainer.

Sly: Raises evasiveness.

Glasses: Increases accuracy.

rayan.b

i like cinnamon :)
    Years
  • predators jaw: increases bitting based moves by 1.5 (bite, crunch, thunder fang,etc)
    for predator based pokemon (luxray, stoutland, arcanine, etc)

smart limbs: enables pokemon to carry 2 items ( can be useful for carrying collaborating items or 2 of the same item )
    for pokemon that have extra limbs (ferrothorn, or maybe a buddah evo for madicham with 4 arms )

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
  • Blind Strength: This Pokemon attack power is increased to (1.5) but accuracy is decreased by 20% (The stats could be altered)

Neutralizer: As long as this Pokemon is in play, Abilities are ignored.

Scavenger: If a Pokemon consumes a food item (berries or leftovers) the effect is increased by (1.5) Oran berry will increase 15hp.

Last Attempt: If the Pokemon has less than 15% health its attack power is doubled but its speed goes down after each attack.

Snore: The sleeping pokemon may still use attack but the attack is random.

Protection: In a double battle this Pokemon has a 33% chance to take the hit directed at its partner

Superiority: Attack and special attack are increased by 1 if challenging a Pokemon of the same type as you and 2 if its the same pokemon.

Nibbler: Pokemon can reuse the same berry numerous times (5), but if removed from the Pokemon after the first use the berry Disappears.

Amplify: Sound based attacks power are increased and never fail.

Last edited:

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
  • I got one:

Envy(still working on the name): If the opponent has an item while the bearer of this ability has none, its power increases by 20%.

Think of it, there's Gluttony, Anger Point(rage/wrath), Moxie (pride), and Traunt (sloth).

See a pattern here.

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
    Years
  • Pika-D said:
    Bipolar: Stats change after every turn.
    The ability Moody has the same effect. Neat idea's though.
    Polizard said:
    Neutralizer: As long as this Pokemon is in play, Abilities are ignored.
    Mold Breaker, Teravolt, Turboblaze? They all do the same thing. Those other idea's are ones to be considered, though.

EDIT: I forgot to add my own ability,

Robot: Ignore's all the ailments aimed at the defending pokemon.
    This ability would be available to Steel types, Rock Types and Ice Types. And also it would be a Hidden Ability.

Last edited:

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
  • Mold Breaker, Teravolt, Turboblaze? They all do the same thing. Those other idea's are ones to be considered, though.

Yeah i thought of Mold Breaker, but like others have said multiple abilities do similar or the same thing, but in saying that Mold breaker does not nullify all abilities.

Pokemon Trainer UV

Attractively foolish
    Years
  • Feral Spirit Boosts Speed and Attack by 50 % when 30% or less HP left.

Volatile Fire attacks boosted each turn.

Pure Focus Cannot be infatuated, not affected by Confusion, cannot flinch. Focus Punch does more damage.

Valiant Defense and Attack can never be lowered.

High Ground Makes Ground attacks hit regardless of type or ability.

Holding On Less damage from Critical Hits and Super-Effective attacks.

Iron Will Boosts defense every turn.

Quick Healer Status effects will not last as long.

Sun Shield Prevents status effects on entire team as long as Pokemon is out, and Sun is up.

Careful Strike Recoil damage is lessened.

Building Fury Attack boosted, but defense and evasiveness lowered each turn.

Earth Charge Electric attacks can damage Ground types.

Super Mind Psychic attacks boosted, Confusion is more likely to happen.

Potent Poison attacks and Poison-ailment damage increased.

Subconcious Special Attack and Defense is boosted by 50% when asleep. There will be a chance of attacking while asleep.

Fixed Stance Stats can neither be lowered or boosted.

Frantic Hitter Higher chance of Critical Hits, but attacks have 10% lower accuracy.

Sharp Aim Special Attacks never miss.

Fast Learner Stat boosting moves raise even higher.

Forgive me if these abilities are already in Pokemon, I don't really know all of them.

Last edited:

Polizard'12

Pokemon Trader
    Years
  • Clutch Player: The Pokemon's attacks will never miss when in a pinch! (1/3 HP left).It may suit Pokemon such as Tailow or Vigoroth with high 'spirit'.

Mind Reader: 10% Evasion and Accuracy increase, for those psychic Pokemon, or those that may learn Extrasensory, etc.

Flammable: Self Destructs when hit by a Fire type move! Mainly gas Pokemon such as Koffing.

Bodyguard: This Pokemon will always take the attack in double/triple Battles. Protective Pokemon I guess...

Survivalist: Drastically increases Defense and Sp. Def, while also lowering Attack, Sp. Attack and Speed. Activates about 1/2 of HP left.
    Outside battle effect, has chance of picking up berries after battle.

Thats all I can think of for now, I'll type some more up later if I can think of anymore! :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2013
    Adaptation: The user changes type depending on the environment. Probably won't suit any existing Pokemon.

Eh, Absol does not summon disasters, he predicts them.

Anyway, here are a few of mine:

Dimension Twist:
    Automatic Trick Room when the Pokemon enters the battle.

Serrated Rust:
    Steel-types only. When hit by a Water-type attack, the Pokemon's speed will drop by 1 stage but its attack and special attack will raise by two stages.

Copycat:
    If the opponent has one of its moves the same as your, then your Pokemon's move will have doubled the power.

Extrapolation:
    Super effective moves on your Pokemon will do x4 damage (x8 if double weakness), while NVE moves will only do x1/4 damage (x1/8 if double resist)

Delayed Nerves:
    The Pokemon will only receive damage from an attack the turn after the move. Cannot switch until all damage has been received.

Last Stand:
    Once the Pokemon has only 1 HP left, it's attacks will be boosted by x8. If the Pokemon has more than 1 HP, then it's attack will be halved.

Tactician:
    All attacks are buffed by x2 power, albeit the second usage of the attack will have it's power at x1, then the third use at x0.5 and so on. The counter will reset if the attack is switched.

Fragile Speedster:
    Can use two moves in a turn, but the Pokemon will receive x3 damage per attack.

General's Morale:
    When in a double or triple battle, all of the Pokemon on the ability user's side(except the one with the ability) will have all its stats up by two stages. Once the Pokemon with the ability faints, the boost will be gone and the Pokemon will have all it's stats returned to normal and then dropped by two stages.

Defensive Stance:
    At the end of every turn, the Pokemon's attack and special attack will drop by a stage, but its defense and special defense will increase by two stages.

Absent:
    Moves such as Fly, Dive, Dig, and Bounce will have their power doubled.

Gambler's Luck:
    If the Pokemon's current HP's has 2 or more digits and they all match (such as 11,22,111,222), then its moves will all be critical hits.

Determination:
    The Pokemon will not lose speed when paralyzed, or attack when burned.

Extremity:
    Allows your Pokemon to burn Fire-types, freeze Ice-types, and poison Poison-types and Steel-types.

Just a few that I've just thought.

Back