• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Making B/W a walk to remember

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    i dont use AR unless i clone, walk threw walls, or for the hell of it teach a pokemon a completely wacko move :cer_laugh: but i wont be doing it on my first 3run throughs (1for each beginner)

im gonna just focus on making a well balanced team, probably running kibago, tsutarja, rankurusu, emonga, & meguroko already as some of my mains

like always ill probably raise my beginner 5-10 levels higher than the rest of my team just cuz my beginner is usually my main pokemon& my fav, most beloved in my team

like always ill run a grass,water,fire,electric,&dragon type pokemon in my team

ill treat it as if its a completely brand new journey since its in a completely different area of the pokemon world :)
    I have never *cough* you action replay on any games. Nah, kididng i have. I used it on LG at some point.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I have never *cough* you action replay on any games. Nah, kididng i have. I used it on LG at some point.

i think everyone has at some point, just some are too "ashamed" to admit it, cuz they misused AR for EVs,IVs, "Perfect" pokemon/teams, exc.
    EDIT: or will use it at some point
    i only use it for fun :) and to get those accursed event items >.<

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    i think everyone has at some point, just some are too "ashamed" to admit it, cuz they misused AR for EVs,IVs, "Perfect" pokemon/teams, exc.
    Yeah i would only use to get a legendary wich is nintendo evet only. Infact the arceus i have is hacked and it worked just fine in Hg/SS

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Actually I haven't but that's kind of due to me not owning one, plus it takes the fun out of the game.

Inferny

Lord of Pokabu
    Years
    To enjoy B&W I will, as you guys say, ignore stats and just play the game. At least until I've beaten it, then the grinding begins ;p I'll try to for once train all my Pokemon at once instead of just focusing of the starter like on previous games, haha.

First game: Sapphire
    First starter: Treecko
    First evolved: Treecko - Grovyle
    First legend caught: Kyogre
    First loss: Dunno...May on route 103, likely XD

I never reset my games. I find it dumb to just waste all your hard work when you can just as well breed a new starter and go from the beginning once again.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Yeahh, Hopefully the clone glitch will be discovered pretty quicly : >, Then ill pass some over too you.
    Lol thanks :).
    I am also going to try to keep most of my team members the same level, I always use the first six pokemon i captured in my team so they are mostly basic common pokemon, I should try going for less common pokemon...

RLan69

Pokemon Junkie Extraordinaire
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2010
    I've been addicted since they came out in the states. As a nine-year old (I think) back in the day, I was the target audience for Pokemon, and to this day I wish they were real.

As for Black and White, I had always bought at least one generation's strategy guide each time. This time will mark the first time where I won't. I want to explore the new region and ItemFinder my way through it :D I'll still spoil myself on the Pokemon of course. This is also the first duo of games where I have an amazing girlfriend who wants to play the new games, so I'll finally have a legitimate trading partner.

First Game: Pokemon Red (oddly enough, I favor the "Blue" titles more nowadays [Silver, Sapphire, Pearl])
    First Pokemon: Bulbasaur
    First Capture: Rattata
    First Evolution: Weedle -> Kakuna
    First Loss: Gary on Route 103 :[
    First Anime Episode: Showdown at Dark City

Cannot wait for Black and White. I'm getting Black, my g/f's getting White.

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
    I also want to make this game special, so even though I'll probably spoil myself silly before it comes out in the US, I won't use a strategy guide, and I will take my time with the game. I usually always want to get through it in a hurry, so I usually skip out on any unnecessary Pokemon catching, which leaves my Pokedex and PC box practically bare, or extra grinding, which means my are Pokemon under leveled once I reach the E4.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    I also want to make this game special, so even though I'll probably spoil myself silly before it comes out in the US, I won't use a strategy guide, and I will take my time with the game. I usually always want to get through it in a hurry, so I usually skip out on any unnecessary Pokemon catching, which leaves my Pokedex and PC box practically bare, or extra grinding, which means my are Pokemon under leveled once I reach the E4.
    The only games i have skipped through is platinum becuase it felt like the same agin. And i wont be doing the with BW

Katja

Years
    When I was really little I got red. I played it a lot...but I remember I never made an effort to catch all of the pokemon, only the ones I wanted. Eventually I lost it and got blue instead (which I still have). I got yellow twice also, and lost that both times. I swear I have no clue how I lost it I took good care of my things... o_o

My favorite was crystal version which I played all the time. I remember how long it took me to catch Suicune. My babysitter got SO mad because all I did was play pokemon. Also, when you got the egg from the day careman; I SR until I got a female pichu. I was also adamant about getting all girl pokemon. I was so OCD as a child... (still am kind of lul)

I guess Pokemon got me into video games and stuff. It was pokemon and tamagotchis.

Back