• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Making Essentials look more like B/W

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2013
    Hey guys.

So I've just downloaded Pokemon Essentials and now I'm trying to make the game more resemblant of Black and White. To do this I've done things like replacing images, so now I just have a couple of questions.

Firstly, can I make the battling a bit more like B/W? For example, even though the pokemon sprites are now animated, it's still like an upper half view, instead of the full body view from behind. Is there a way to alter this?

Secondly, would turning the battle interface into B/W just be a case of changing the images?

Thirdly, how would one make the text boxes like the black opaque effect on B/W.

And finally can somebody help me with telling me where I put the scripts on the tutorial for Pokemon Following? (I'd post the URL but it won't let me due to my post count). /showthread.php?t=281323

Thank you for all your help, I really appreciate it.

Harvey_Create

Pokemon Apex Team Member
    Years
  • In order to use Full body Sprites, you would have to find them, and reposition the sprites in you game.
    The interface "can" be as simple as changing the Images. you may need to do some scripting done for repositioning names, levels, and status.
    For the Black Opaque effect on text boxes, you would have to make your own text box
    As for the follow me Feature, the first box is a new entry just above main, and everything else i don't happen to know SPECIFICALLY where they go.

Hope this helps a bit!

Back