• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Making friends

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I find it very easy to make friends online, but extremely hard in rl. But, that's just me. I'm not one to open myself to everyone in the world, so it's a bit harder for me to. And then there's the fact I'm sometimes picky with who I want to be friends with also.

Years
    I'm really not emotional for a girl, and I have a lot of trouble doing the traditional girly things that stereotypical girls do when they make friends. So I get on a lot better with guys. Wow I'm making myself sound super awkward here. I don't find it hard at all to make friends or at least make good impressions on people.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
    I find it a lot easier to make friends offline than online as you can talk to each other face to face and you get to see them and their emotions and reactions to things, which makes it a loooooooooooot easier! :DD And you get to know them better too! :3

Harebrained

Switch to decaf? Never!
    Years
    I don't make friends easily, but it's because I'm kind of a solitary person. I don't make a point to talk to people or get noticed, and I don't think I have much of a presence in social situations. Unless something about someone catches my attention or we've already spent a lot of time together, I'm not too interested and probably won't make a move.

I think I'm a pretty good conversationalist and bold on a good day, but I'm a funny kind of introvert, since people I'm close to or in sync with energize me and everyone else drains me.

Last edited:

Sap Sipper

Terrified of Bad Luck.
    Years
    Not that easy for me. I sometimes get nervous even around people I know well, so it's even worse when I'm trying to talk to someone for the first time. I'm usually afraid of what their first impressions would be, and trying to concentrate on not messing up, or saying something stupid. Most of my friends are people who actually came over to me and started talking, instead of me introducing myself to them.

I'm not sure why I'm nervous in conversations with people I don't know, though - I'm fine having conversations with other people.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    It depends, online I can generally do it after a while. Find out something about them, hold onto it and let it grow until I can get an attitude where nobody really cares what anybody says. I guess like act like I know them really well when in reality I don't, it's totally how all my friendships have worked, seriously, lol.

IRL though generally depends, mostly people come up to me because I want to be left alone in most situations BECAUSE I'm forced to go to places against my will, aka shopping. Although on the other hand at uni I can go up to people, idc what happens there!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    It depends what kind of mood I'm in. I can be quite shy, but in general I don't mind people coming up and talking to me. Unless they open with something weird... then I usually don't wanna talk to them. I'm more confident with talking to new people if I've had a drink I think.

As for online, I don't really make friends online. And I don't really class anyone I talk to online as a friend. Unless I've been talking to them for yeears.

Exzessiva

~shy trainer with a shy Ralts~
    Years
    I am a very shy person and I really find it difficult to make friends.
    I also hesitate to approach to the opposite gender and instead wait for them to come to me first. Also while talking to them I sometimes run out of topics.
    I find making friends OL much easier than in RL. When I look into someone's eyes I get confused and I stammer and make a mess of myself.
    >_________<

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    Online, I find it easier to make friends because I just leave a VM and if they respond, yay!

Offline, I find it very hard to make friends due me not being sociable. I don't cooperate much and I don't do teamwork too for some reason...that I'm shy lol.

Ayselipera

Do you find it easy or hard to make friends?
    Easy.

Do you find it harder or easier to make friends online?
    Legit so much harder. I think in the history of my online venturing I've only met three or four people who I befriended with mutual friend feelings.

Do you tend to go up to a person first, or they come up to you?
    Nine times out of ten they approach me.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    How do you find making friends?
    Most of the time, it at random

I find it very easy to make friends because I am not shy and people love my personality of being cool but they respect the fact whenever I get my attitude

It's actually easier because you can lie and make your personality likeable to certain people but I wouldn't like about my personality

Most of the time, they come to me due to my appearance

:t354:TG

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Easy. Although I'm usually a shy person I usually make friends quite easily -especially if I have a friend with me.

Easier. I meet a lot of friends through forums of my interest so if I meet someone at a forum, it's a high chance we'll have something in common. Harder to find those in real life. Also most of my close friends now I've met through other friends usually through skype. Though making friends isn't hard either in real life and like online I mostly meet new friends through other friends or when our school has new people and I befriend them from that.

FRIEND TO BE GET DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW xD I love making friends but my shyness still takes over me a lot. I usually make friends when they come to me. It's quite rare for me to come up the person first.

Back