• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Male Nurses in Pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2009
    After returning to my former addiction of the Pokemon games series, a question crossed my mind: where are the/are there male nurses?
    I was never one to watch the Pokemon television series, (the game saga was of more interest to me) but from the few episodes I have seen, I've not seen much in regards to it. Mainly, I remember nurse Joy, who is most definitely (probably?) female. Although it is difficult to determine from the less detailed images of the Pokemon game and their consoles, I've noted feminine figures for nurses.
    My curiosity has been known to get the better of me, so while I suspect there were none, then I must ask: If not, was there any specific reasoning behind it?
    Thanks in advance to your contribution toward the answer!

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I never seen a male nurse in Pokemon... Usually whenever someone hears the word, nurse, they think of female instead of male... That is just because during the wars there were female nurses, and no men, or that is what I thought. So Pokemon only shows female nurses, though, it might be in the game, they just don't show them...

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Brock is the closest thing to one and ZIm not sure if they will ever include male nurses which is sexist.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Yeah no male nurses so far and I doubt they will put them in there.
    There are male professors and I don't think there are female professors if my memory serves correctly..

bluesonic1

I like this place <3
    Years
    I never seen a male nurse in Pokemon... Usually whenever someone hears the word, nurse, they think of female instead of male... That is just because during the wars there were female nurses, and no men, or that is what I thought. So Pokemon only shows female nurses, though, it might be in the game, they just don't show them...

I think the same thing. Maybe there are male doctors though?

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Yeah no male nurses so far and I doubt they will put them in there.
    There are male professors and I don't think there are female professors if my memory serves correctly..

Professor Ivy is a female Professor

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    There was a male doctor on an older episode. There were two female professors too. One just on an island with the alternate butterfree and vileplume.

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    I think i remember the male doctor.He got injected with something and he fell to sleep.
    Professor ivy had the Vileplume

Last edited:

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I think i remember the male doctor.He got injected with something and he fell to sleep.
    Professor ivy had the Vileplume

Yeah thats the episode. I cant remember why but I think a chansey was clumbsy or something and I wasnt sure if she was Ivy.

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    LOL he was a bit of a suave brock

Sigh..the good ole days..

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    The creators are sexist and believe 'nurse' means woman. Therefore Nurse Joy with perfect body structure, boobs, voice, ect is created. Her minions are the Chansey. There problem solved. Hope this helps.

thatrabidfangirl

*sweatdrops*
    Years
    Prof Ivy was a lass.Joy is the typical nurse. It's sickening. At least Jenny is the police. I think it's majorly suck if Jenny's character was a man.Why do we never see doctors? Surely they're out there somewhere!

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    The world may never know.

Although that Dark skinned Nurse Joy was awesome!

And also the Nurse joy that took place in the Pokemon league entrance Exam rocked too!

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    I believe the reason that there are no female nurses is because ALL of the nurses are Joy. Also, nurses are typically female. =x

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I believe the reason that there are no female nurses is because ALL of the nurses are Joy. Also, nurses are typically female. =x

Thats a good point but all of the officers are not Jenny so I wonder why so consistent with Joy.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
    I'm guessing the reason is that Nintendo decided to use simple stereotypes in order to communicate well with a younger audience. Most six year olds probably don't even know there are male nurses, because, well, let's face it - there aren't many.

Alternatively, it might have been easier to make a female nurse sprite more recognisable in the earlier games.

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2009
    i love pokemon! and i hope they make male nurses because if brock loves nurse joys.. i mean maybe ash will find true love :)

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    In a Kanto Episode were Pikachu got an apple stuck and had to get treated, there were not Pokemon Centers, just a hospital. There was a doctor in there of course. The thing is, there is no such thing as a "Male Nurse", so I don't think calling that is necessary.

There were male doctors in the anime at points, they were just so rare.

Back