• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Male or Female, and Name?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Simple and easy question really. Are you playing as Hilda or Hilbert in B/W, and what did you call yourself?

In White I'm using the male protagonist and called myself Neo. And in Black I'm using the female protagonist, and called myself Santana (yes, character from glee)

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Both. And I called them by respective game name. I named Hilda with White, Hilbert with Black. Simple.

Years
    I always pick the male character. And my name is always either "Cesar"(my real name) or "Escrax".

+1 brownie point to anyone who figures out the relationship between the names.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
    I always pick a male character, though in rare cases in a challenge or something, I pick female character just for teh lulz. "Chris" is what I use in Pokemon Black (and probably future games as well), though I usually use "Johnny" or their in-game character names.

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
    I picked Hilda, and named her the same as my PC username. I just use a pseudonym if I play as the guy.

In most cases I pick the character whose sprite seems more appealing to me. If I've already done a playthrough with one character, I always pick the other one the second time through. Sometimes playing as a certain gender I notice some comments seem a little... off. I can't help but wonder how often my mind is being dirty and how often I feel that there's some very subtle sexual overtones in the game.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Female named Ashley. I always choose the female character whenever I can, even if I don't approve of her outfit. And Ashley was a cute name that I hadn't used in awhile so I decided to give it a spin :P

Last edited:

Garde

Fallen Angel
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2015
    Female, named Leila, considering that pretty much defines me.

Simmy93

Aspiring Emulator
    Years
    Male and I called myself Andrew so that the OT of all my games coincide. I usually play female and call myself Anna but after I restarted all my games I thought it was time for a change. Plus Hilda totally looks skanky. ;)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I've been playing as a girl in every playthrough :) Same goes for my name in-game, "Forever", lool. I considered playing as the guy for some reason but now, nope, staying as the girl.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
    Female, in both White and Black. Jazra's the name. Just something about her back sprite. Can't quite put my finger on it, but wow.

Also have the LEGO minifigure components to have made her.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    I used to pick the girls since it was something different they came out with but since dawn they look dumb so, in white im using hilbert and my name for all the guy characters us my name in kingdom hearts organization XIII form which is Drexawn!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I am playing as Hilda. I call myself "Megan". Though I should have gone for my name, Ani or Anistorm.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Playing as the boy. Named myself Michael, my real name. c: I always play as the boy when I first get a new Pokémon game.

I debating whether or not I'll play as the girl if I get White.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    Playing as the Female character (Hilda) and I named her after my real name, Shaih.

Back