• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Male or Female?

Years
  • [SIZE="a"]I'm wondering if gender is important to you. For me, some pokemon just don't fit as male. Like Espeon or Glaceon. They both seem so elegant and etc.[/SIZE]

Years
  • [SIZE="a"]Ahah yeah. But then again, there couldn't be further pokemon generation if there wasn't a male. XD. There is no difference if they are male or female right?[/SIZE]

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
  • LOL, sadly yes, I do care. If a Pokemon looks like it should be a female(i.e mareep and jigglypuff) then i'll get it as female. I fit looks like it should be male(i.e growlithe and machamp) then i'll get it as male. I'm trying to kick myself out of that habit and just worry about stats and such. IT'S SO HARD. I feel like I get too proud of my Pokemon and I become attached to em. wah wah sob sob...

Years
  • In Playthroughs it doesnt really matter which gender ur pokemon are...
    TBH I tend to dont pick what gender my pokemon are but I want to have at least one of each in my team....(ex.5Males-1Female and diverse)cause of attraction skill etc

fatcatfuller

Master of HG and Black
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jun 6, 2012
    [SIZE="a"]I don't care what the gender. I just need a pair to get a tepig. If someone can tell me how reply.[/SIZE]

Years
  • I used to only catch females of a Pokemon unless if it was a male-dominant species like Eevee.

However, in Black I started catching Pokemon regardless of the gender.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I wanted all the Pokemon that I caught to be male, if possible because that stemmed from the fact that I caught mostly females in past playthroughs. Now I'm somewhat unbiased towards natures, for breeding purposes or just laziness.

Years
  • I really don't care too much when it comes to genders, since I'm one that doesn't really put in a lot of effort in breeding Pokemon. The only time I really pay attention to gender is if I'm trying to catch a Pokemon that has a different evolution based on their gender (ex.: Froslass). The only other thing that gender affects for me is what I nickname my Pokemon.

Years
  • [SIZE="a"]
    I really don't care too much when it comes to genders, since I'm one that doesn't really put in a lot of effort in breeding Pokemon. The only time I really pay attention to gender is if I'm trying to catch a Pokemon that has a different evolution based on their gender (ex.: Froslass). The only other thing that gender affects for me is what I nickname my Pokemon.

Ahah for me i always hope that it is female cus for me male nicknames are harder.[/SIZE]

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I generally catch whichever gender I trip over first, unless I've planned specifically otherwise or have breeding plans. Sometimes I do go out of my way to get the least "appropriate" gender for the sake of amusement; screw the rules, I like my Gorebyss male. :'D But really I can't see how a Pokemon's gender can be terribly "unfitting" or "disturbing", especially when it comes to the more animal-like ones. In the real world, animal genders aren't viewed that way. Male peacocks are colorful and elegant, female bears are hulking and physically powerful, etc. Each Pokemon species is just that: a species. Most of them have both genders so both genders work just fine to me.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Gener isn't important to me at all. Whatever gender the Pokemon is, I don't mind it doesn't make the Pokemon any different.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I generally catch whichever gender I trip over first, unless I've planned specifically otherwise or have breeding plans. Sometimes I do go out of my way to get the least "appropriate" gender for the sake of amusement; screw the rules, I like my Gorebyss male. :'D But really I can't see how a Pokemon's gender can be terribly "unfitting" or "disturbing", especially when it comes to the more animal-like ones. In the real world, animal genders aren't viewed that way. Male peacocks are colorful and elegant, female bears are hulking and physically powerful, etc. Each Pokemon species is just that: a species. Most of them have both genders so both genders work just fine to me.

Well said. I personally find it funny with my female Mankey or things like that, but it's not like I'm avoiding it. I capture whatever gender I meet first and if it seems weird then it's that much more special.

Years
  • [SIZE="a"]

Well said. I personally find it funny with my female Mankey or things like that, but it's not like I'm avoiding it. I capture whatever gender I meet first and if it seems weird then it's that much more special.

Ahah yeah i guess u can still decide gender at the end of the game if you really care about it. XD. But getting a female eevee with right nature is just a pain. T.T[/SIZE]

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    i mostly use female pokemon just to be brave even though im a guy i still use males but not as often as i use femals

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I usually don't care what gender my Pokemon are but usually I get female starters so it's become an expectation of mine to get female starters. So when ever I do get a male, it seems a little odd. Some Pokemon like Gyarados or Atcanine don't seem fitting to be female so with those Pokemon I try to get the gender it looks like.

Back