• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Male or Female?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I chose female...as always. Named her Minerva...waaay before I changed my name on here to reflect my OT name. :)

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
When I (re)start a game, I always like to play as a girl and name myself as my name would be in real life ;) I always seem to get fascinated by the fact I like to represent myself in the game as much as how I look and dress irl :)

I remember the good old days when Pokemon Crystal came out, and you could play as a girl for the first time! I was thrilled to do so (finally), not playing as a boy like there are NO female trainers ... ;)
But, with Pokemon X and Y we even can customize our trainers (brilliant imo), so now it's even more nice to play almost as "myself" in-game, I absolutely love it!! :3

Elements1

Meh
Years
Picked the male, always have since I'm male. Don't really see the need to pick a different gender, but it's your game do you what your want ^^ Had my friends call me Swaglord

Years
Male because I always pick male my first time (except in Pearl because I liked Dawn's design more). I find it hard to play as the female sometimes because I'm no good at nicknames, and I would never think of anything good! That being said, I almost always name my character Kevin (irl name), but I have been switching around with cool names I like: Sal, Zak (also my brother's name), Connor, etc.

Years
first i played nuzlocke twice on first try i picked male on second try i picked female, i failed the nuzlocke both times, and then i decided to not nuzlocke and picked a male.

Crystin

Master of Swords
Years
When I first played Y, I played as a girl and named my character Exi. I made the nickname 'Master' because it made me giggle like the immature teen I am. xD My second playthrough, I named my character Lightning and nicknamed her Light, because I really like Lightning Farron from FF13. .////.

When I got X (which was recently) I chose to start as a guy, named him Trygger, and then nicknamed him Try-kun. My friend suggested it. So far, I'm not liking the clothes/hair options for the boys. It's pretty bland. xD

BasedNate

ImDaBes
Years
I chose female because I realized that throughout every Pokemon game I played, male was my choice so I decided to change it up a notch.

Lihtal

Castle Guard
Years
By this time, i restarted mi pokemon X game three times. My first play-through i chose male and named my character after my real name, probably because in some childish way everytime i play pokemon id like to imagine the real me is there...that's kinda how the magic of pokemon has worked for me since pokemon fire red. Second time i chose the female character just for the kicks but somehow didnt really feel comfortable with her by the fact i didnt really feel into the game so by the third gymbadge i restarted. Third and my competitive playtrough chose male, my nickname and boy im into pokemon X now. (how ever if i were to get Y, id go with the girl)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 12, 2014
I mainly play a girl because I am a girl. Well, actually I am a woman for I am 21 years.

Her name is always Rhiannon because that's the name I always use for my female characters (In Skyrim, Dragon Age, Fallout and so one.)

When I play a boy, his name is mainly Cupio. Sometimes some other name.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
Female for both. Pokemon X is my "serious" playthrough using my real name. Pokemon Y is my random challenges and fun playthrough using my pseudoname "Belldandy." I don't typically like playing as the other gender.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
Chose the male. My plan was to choose the female in the sequel like I did with BW2, but I may change my mind when the time comes.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
As always, for my first playthrough i picked the male character and named him after myself. This time it felt kind of special though, since the game allowed you to customize the protag as you wish!! Im currently replaying the game on another cartridge and chose the femalse protag, curious to find out the different customizations for her.

ChiKouu

Froslass Trainer
Years
I usually play as female, but I bought both games this time so I was a girl in Y and was planning to do a blind Nuzlocke in X as a boy, but for some reason i can't remember I stopped with the Nuzlocke and only focused on my Y copy...

Back