• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Male vs. Female - Revived

What gender mix does your team mainly end up?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Do you have a particular liking when it comes to genders?

I prefer males with certain Pokemon and female for others.

Do you sometimes play as the player character of the opposite gender?

Yesm'am

Do you have a team that's dominant in one gender or has a mixed genders?

Mixed, usually majority males, but I usually keep 2-3 females.

AustInsane

Breeder
    Years
    I prefer using males to battle, females to breed. Sexist, I know. But there are exceptions for sure such as Penellopi my Beedrill.

Like only wanting to catch Pokemon if they are a certain gender? i.e. female Lopunny, male Machamp and so on.
    I once caught a Machop and named it Chuck without realizing it was a female. It went on to breed with my Abra, Larry. Now I have this Machamp named Chuck, Jr. with 2 dads and it's one of my strongest battlers.

Almost all the pokemon on my Bug-type team are female. Ledian is one of those.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years

Do you sometimes play as the player character of the opposite gender?:
    I always play as the character of my gender.

Do you have a team that's dominant in one gender or has a mixed genders?:
    I play with mostly male Pokemon because I was very annoyed that most of my obtained Pokemon were female in my first Sapphire playthrough.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I like going for half male, half female usually....however if there's a pokemon I like thats genderless I'll include it at the expense of another gender.

My main Pokemon White team:

Samurott (Male)
    Conkeldurr (Female)
    Reuniclus (Male
    Cofagrigus (Female)
    Darmanitan (Male)
    Scolipede (Female)

Although I have used Starmie on my main team in soul silver (along with three males and two females)

LittleHope

Your Once Upon A Time.
    Years
    No, not really. I'm actually fond of both, or genderless. I think male Pokemon are strong, and I think female Pokemon are cute and can commonly use Attract, so it's easy to defeat the foe. I think genderless Pokemon are still good, but I prefer Pokemon with gender.

Like only wanting to catch Pokemon if they are a certain gender? i.e. female Lopunny, male Machamp and so on.
    I'd want my Pokemon to be exactly like Dawn's. So I think it's kinda hard to get a male Piplup as your starter.

Not really. I like playing as a female, because I get self respect.

As i've stated, I like my Pokemon to be exactly like Dawn's. In other words, it has mixed genders.

Years

It depends on the Pokémon. Some look feminine to me, and some don't.

If I plan to have a certain Pokémon on my team, I'll have thought about its gender beforehand. Lopunny looks immediately female to me, as I'm sure it does to pretty much everybody else.

No, I've never done that.

No, my teams pretty much always end up with 3 male and 3 female Pokémon.

NatureKeeper

Nope. I got Ditto so who carez?

Yes, sometimes.

I used to, but now I use the male character in all but Gen IV, where Lucas sucks. But I use Ethan in SS.

Mixed. Victini (?), Samurott (F), Zekrom (?), Lilligant (F), Swanna (M), Zoroark (M).
    I have two of each gender plus two Genderless.

Edit: 1000th post.

Last edited:

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
    Sometimes.

Gardevoir (F)

No

Male > Female in most cases.

Katja

Years
    I remember when Gold and Silver first came out, I was adamant about having all female pokemon, so I kept soft-reseting to get a female Cyndiquil. Took forever. @_@

It took me a long time, but finally I don't mind having boy pokemon. Usually depending on the pokemon I want, I decide what gender I want it to be, or if I don't care. For instance, I'm most likely going to try and breed for a female Lucario because I got a male zorua. I think they would be a cute couple. e 3e

Anyway weirdness aside, I used to have a strange OCD about having all female pokemon...lol

Back