• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Male Vs. Female

Male or Female Pokemon?

• Total voters
    Years
    In Pokemon Games, most Pokemon are both male and female, some are only one gender, some are genderless and others have one gender more common than the other.

But do you use a team that's:

Predominately Male
    Predominately Female
    Half Male, half Female
    Include some Male, some Female, some genderless

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I don't really care with the gender, unless I'm breeding. Any gender to use is fine, tbh. It doesn't make much of a difference except for infatuation.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    During my Gen III days, I was very annoyed about getting female Pokemon almost all the time, so now I play with the vast majority of my team being male. The exceptions are when the Pokemon is female only (or the vast majority of the time), and when I can't be bothered to spend forever trying to get that Pokemon when it's rare

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
    I don't really mind getting no all-female teams anymore because I always seem to get a male starter in every game ;-; I always end up with the manly looking ones being female and the female-looking ones being male [I have a Female Krookodile in Black and I have a female Snorlax stored in Diamond from HG and in Crystal I had a female Feraligatr [The ONLY female starter I got and it was the least female looking XD]

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    It...kind of depends on the pokemon. Most of the time, if a pokemon is eaither male or female, I wouldn't mind what gender it is if it has pretty good stats, a good nature, and a good ability I want, sometimes I would prefer a female Hippowdon, because its colors look cool when its a female. And other pokemon, like female Milotic, or a Male Blaziken, I would prefer because its features and art work are different when they are males.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2017
    Half Male, half Female
    Include some Male, some Female, some genderless

I have a few teams I've used and I usually go with these two options, but I picked the latter on the poll because it's more diverse.

My Soul Silver (in-game) team has an even balance of male and female, while my current 4th generation team has 1 female, 2 genderless, and the rest are males. But what matters the most is what gender would suit their personalities and species (yes, I give my Pokemon personalities beyond just their nature/traits). My future White (competitive) team will probably be 4 females and two males by the way.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Usually my teams consist of two or three females, two or three males, and a genderless Pokemon. I do this so I have a work-around in case I run into a Pokemon that uses Attract.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I've played the entire game without ever taking any notice of the genders at all. It's only in the after game when I'm breeding to complete the Pokedex that I even bother to check.

That said, in Black and White I will only catch male Pidoves because the female Unfezant design is boring.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I voted half male, half female.

Although my Pokemon White team is like that...

In Soul Silver it was male, female and one genderless (Starmie)

Yurusumaji

The Collector
    Years
    My teams always end up predominantly male. I don't do it on purpose, but it just seems to happen. My main team in HG/SS were all males except my Machamp. Lol!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Idk... I usually end up with two of one gender and four of the other. But gender doesn't particularly matter when I catch a Pokemon; only if I want to name it something specific. :3

Kenpokid

Hee-ho!
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    It depends on what I find.
    for example, my ShinyGold and White teams are prodominantly female, wheras my HeartGold and FireRed Omega teams are prodominantly male.

Back