• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Manaphy Movie

rnstyip

"Next please!"
Years
  • I liked the Manaphy movie because its setting was underwater with an awesome underwater temple, and I loved the legend about the sea people. Your view?

Ayselipera

I thought the Manaphy movie had a good plot,
    but was terrible with the whole pirate guy. My
    Favorites would have to be the first 3 movies.

-Raiken-

L is real 2401
    Years
  • Eh, the Manaphy movie of Pokemon was alright but well I thought it could of been better. I am at the moment having some kind of memory block because I cannot remember the name of the movie.

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
  • It's honestly my least favorite Pokemon movie.

I found the plot to be boring, and I thought it was more childish than the other movies.

I could also never take the pirate seriously.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • It was an alright movie. It could've been better even though it didn't help when Satoshi shoved Haruka in the escape pod. It was better than the first movie though.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    It could've been better, too bad it bore me to tears.
    it's been basicly the same thing, ash and friends encounter something, then ash saves the day, it was alright for the first 4-5 movies, but now it's stale.
    The pirate guy looked like some guy in a pirate costume in my eyes.
    and I was really forward to seeing Kyogre, but I was disapointed by it's 1 minute appearance..

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    It was all right. . I hate Manaphy, though. But I liked Jack Walker. <3 And May in a swimsuit. <33 XD​

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    The pirate dude killed it for me, but at the same time.. Jackie kept it alive. xD Man, I wish he had been in the series at least once or twice after that. ; ; Manaphy sorta gets on my nerves, but it was adorable when it spoke to May. Also, I loved the AG series in general, so that was another plus for the movie, in my opinion. It wasn't my favorite out of the movies though, definitely not.

rnstyip

"Next please!"
    Years
  • When Jackie saw Phantom wearing the exo-suit:
    "Wow, I didn't think a guy like that took vitamins."

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I thought the plot was all right. However, it doesn't really change the fact that I... you know... hate/dislike May.

Speaking of May, one thing I can comment was something I hated about the movie (other than, you know, her being the focus) was the fact that May had acted like a coward near the end of the film. I mean, she raised Manaphy like she would her child, and want to know what happened immediately after Samiya rose above the waves after several centuries? Phantom kidnapped it, she pretty much let him get away with it. You'd think she'd try and save Manaphy, due to it being her imprinted child and all that, if not by swimming after him, then definitely by sending out her Squirtle after it (Squirtle is world-renowned as swimming faster than a Jet Ski.), but nooo.... She just had to stand there in fear, not even try to save it, letting Phantom get away!!!

I thought Manaphy was an all right character, and the concept of a water pokemon haven is quite interesting. In fact, this movie was what partially gave birth for my idea of Super Mermaids/Super Misties.

False Flag

Anime/Manga Junkie
    Years
  • It was an alright movie. It could've been better even though it didn't help when Satoshi shoved Haruka in the escape pod. It was better than the first movie though.

That was one of my favorite parts of the movie, lol.

Ash: Quit stealing my movie! I'm the star! *Shoves May into capsule*

But yeah, most of the movies do have Ash/Satoshi as the main star. Seriously, May should have had a bigger role. Ash also stole the spotlight from Max and Jirachi in their movie as well.

The pirate dude killed it for me

Am I the only one who likes the Phantom. He was on roids and body implants, lol. Jack was alright.

Back