• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Manaphy?

Persona

Banned
Years
  • Manaphy @ Leftovers
    Naive Nature
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 Def
    - Heart Swap
    - Ice Beam
    - Waterfall
    - Grass Knot / Energy Ball

ultranerd57

Hello again.
    Years
  • is manaphy an uber i thought it was a legendary??? oh well i dont have any good ubers anyway they just sit in my box now

i dont know if there really is a need for a hazer or heart swapper but i want to have one just in case

Siigari

NU Addict
    Years
  • There are other pokes that have hydration/rest as well.. I mean Manaphy is great, but I'd hardly call it Uber... UNLESS you are calling the others that can do that Uber as well. It can still be OHKO'd by the right moves.

Years
  • Manaphy is uber because of the Rest-Hydration combo which allows for instant heal without sleep in rain.

Thats not it, Tail glow makes it into a pure beast in OU, blissey cant even stop it, and that enough to make ANYTHING uber. It can make 101 subs, which means bliss cant beak it with S-toss, I could go on for a while.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Seel and Dewgong are the only other ones with Hydration and it's safe to assume NEITHER of them are Uber.

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Thats not it, Tail glow makes it into a pure beast in OU, blissey cant even stop it, and that enough to make ANYTHING uber. It can make 101 subs, which means bliss cant beak it with S-toss, I could go on for a while.

No incorrect. Tail Glow is a minor reason, very minor. Rest-Hydration is almost exactly why it IS sometimes considered uber

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Manaphy @ Leftovers
    Naive Nature
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 Def
    - Heart Swap
    - Ice Beam
    - Waterfall
    - Grass Knot / Energy Ball

This is so far the best reply to this thread - though I would swap the Grass Moves for Rest if you have Kyogre support

Manaphy is uber due to the lack of weaknesses - Rest/Hydration combo - and Tail Glow.

btw I'm typing small cuz.... i dunno. it was Xairmo's idea. Typing small 4evah

Years
  • No incorrect. Tail Glow is a minor reason, very minor. Rest-Hydration is almost exactly why it IS sometimes considered uber

Seeing it can raise sp. Atk by 2 stages, I dont see why you would say its a minor reason, espically with 101 subs as well, so lets add that together..

101 subs + Tail Glow ( 2 stages for Sp. Atk) + Decent Defenses ( to take moves other than S-toss = Dead anything.

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Seeing it can raise sp. Atk by 2 stages, I dont see why you would say its a minor reason, espically with 101 subs as well, so lets add that together..

101 subs + Tail Glow ( 2 stages for Sp. Atk) + Decent Defenses ( to take moves other than S-toss = Dead anything.

It IS a reason why it's an uber, but it is minor compared to the Rest+Hydration combo

Back