• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Manga, Gold vs Silver [POLL]

Gold or Silver ?

• Gold [img]http://www.serebii.net/manga/characters-new/pics/Gold_E.jpg[/img]

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • Silver [img]http://www.serebii.net/manga/characters-new/pics/Silver_E.jpg[/img]

Votes: 30 55.6%

• Total voters

Prof.Oak

The Official Professor Oak !
    Years
    If they where to battle. Who would win and Why?

Gold :
    Spoiler:

Silver :
    Spoiler:

Rizuza

Princess of Cuteness
    Years
    I'd totally go for Gold. ♥

Yes, the fact that I'm swayed by his coolness, awesomeness and super duper cuteness has bias on my decision :">

Years
    Silver!

Gold trys to be cool, but fails.
    Silver is normal, but turns out cool, and he acts all emo, nd emo's are awesome

MisterBat

YEY
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2009
    Silver. I agree with omega77, Gold is just too damn annoying.

As for the battle? I'm not entirely sure. It probably would be Silver, but Gold still has a chance with Kingdra and Mantine. Tyranitar can wipe out more than half of Gold's team, Aipom probably wouldn't stand a chance unless it had a variety of move types. Sneasel might be able to deal with Kingdra... so Matine might be the only problem unless Silver teaches one of his pokemon an electric attack.

So yeah, probably Silver, but that doesn't mean Gold has no chance at all.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Aaaahahaha XD I just answered the poll before I read the first post XD

I love Gold thousands of times more than I like Silver. And I don't dislike Silver. But Silver would probably win XD Doesn't matter what pokémon they have, but however lucky or HAWT Gold may be, Silver is... well, smarter. And probably a better battler.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Rather than going by my favorite, I would have to say Silver would win this battle. By the look of his Pokémon he is far superior than Gold. Plus, Silver has accomplished to collect all of the eight Johto badges, while currently from your shown statistics Gold has accomplished none at the moment. However, I still leave room aside for the possible change in outcome, as anything is possible with Pokémon, especially the manga at times.

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
    Years
    gold is way more dependable than silver, and more battle-ready... after all, he did save silver's and the rest of the gen i and ii pokedex holders :]

besides, if you consider entei to be silver's pokemon, then you should also add raikou for gold, and raikou would rape silver's team xD
    and if you don't count either, then gold has a one pokemon advantage

EDIT:
    you got the teams wrong!!!!!!!

gold has: typhlosion, aipom, politoed, mantine, pichu, sudowoodo
    silver has: feraligatr, sneasel, murkrow, kingdra, red gyarados, ursaring

Last edited:

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    Well, of course Silver! Lol! Not only is he completely bad ass, but he's a much better trainer than Gold anyway. Psh, Silver would win, lol. Epically.

My 100th post, lol!

Gov. Marley

Wakes the Thought Police
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2010
    Silver would win, I think. Determinator Fury can only go too far.
    I mean, I'd be rooting for Gold, as he's one of my favorite characters in the manga, but in the end, Silver's just a better trainer.

(Speaking of Silver, it's his birthday. *blows kazoo*)

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    I think Silver would win since he's a better trainer and Gold got trained by Red. Don't get me wrong Red is simply the best but he ain't good at teaching. Besides Silver was the only who managed to get all the GSC badges.

Back