• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Manga recommendations

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
    Looking for manga recommendations. I am mostly interested in finding out about good manga that is not an anime - romance manga (boyXgirl) (Shojo)
    I also really love School romance.

So what would you recommend to me?

ALSO, what would you generally recommend to people?

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    I'm not that wise when it comes to romance mangas, but one I do recommend is Cardcaptor Sakura, which is probably one of the first series I ever really liked. :D

If you're looking for a manga that hasn't/won't be adapted to anime, I suggest Yotsuba&! since it's fairly new and simply hilarious, but then again, there's little to no romance involved.

Other than those two, I can't really recommend any more romantic/non-anime mangas, since I'm not exactly a huge fan of romance and I know little to no mangas that aren't made into anime...sorry. :(

BUT...with all of that aside, some very general manga I do recommend reading would probably be; Lucky Star, Hellsing, Azumanga-Daioh, xxxHolic, GTO, BLAME!, Monster, and Ikki Tousen, among others. Hope that helped. :)

EDIT: Oh, I forgot two very important romance mangas. o0 Chobits is a great romantic/comedy type of manga I'd recommend, except its also an anime, but still great nonetheless. And then there's She Monkey, which is also a romantic/comedy manga which I don't think has been adapted to anime yet. o0

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hanazakari no Kimitachi e, Fruits Basket and Honey and Clover are really good. Even though the last two are anime, Fruits Basket is totally different and Honey and Clover is just too good of a series to pass up.

Devil_Silver

Eevee Breeder
    Years
    I heard about a manga named DN angel, which (they say) is really good.

Here's a pic:
    Manga recommendations

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
    I do have one to recommend! Its one I started reading today.

Love Attack
    Genres: Comedy, Romance, Shoujo, Slice of life
    Plot Summary: Chiemi Yusa is a deliquent who is told that she will be expelled from school unless she can reform Hirata Akifumi dubbed the "Black Devil" of Nishi High. At first glance she beats him up and runs. But even she is suprised at what he confesses to her.

Source: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/manga.php?id=7906

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    I have one I could recommend:

Alice 19th
    -Yuu Watase-
    Not the best summary, much is left out. But it's a great series. =D
    I have all 7 volumes and I love to read them.
    Alice Seno seems like a normal girl in high school. She's a bit shy, she's got a crush on a boy named Kyou, and she's got an older sister who is more popular than she is...pretty normal stuff, until Alice has an encounter with a mysterious and magical rabbit girl that changes the course of her life, and Alice is introduced to the sublime power of the Lotis Words.

Fushigi Yuugi Genbu Kaiden Yuu Watase
    Great/Better addition to the Fushigi Yuugi series.. Although the series is not finished yet... I recommend not reading/watching the original FY series if you don't wanna know how GK ends.

When schoolgirl Takiko Okuda attempts to destroy her father's translation of "The Universe of the Four Gods," she is instead literally sucked into the story, becoming the Priestess of Genbu in an epic journey to find the seven Celestial Warriors!

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
    Anyone have any suggestions for something that is similar to Happy Hustle High? I just read this one and it is really good ^^

Kumo-dono

ヨマワル
    Years
    I'd suggest Marmalade Boy and Ultra Maniac by Wataru Yoshizumi.

Marmalade Boy definitely.

Also, Fushigi Yuugi and Alice 19th by Yuu Watase are good too.

Back