• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Map✓] map glitch

ASDBUDDY

The Derp
Years
  • Ohk so i found this ROM base to patch in some hgss tilesets(i have the ips and the links of the site)
    and i made one of the maps which o advance map looked perfectly fine yet in the game thething is glitched as hell! idk what to do im pretty unexperienced....

Screenshot (2).png
    Thats how its supposed to look.

Screenshot (1).png
    thats how it looks.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2022
    Ohk so i found this ROM base to patch in some hgss tilesets(i have the ips and the links of the site)
    and i made one of the maps which o advance map looked perfectly fine yet in the game thething is glitched as hell! idk what to do im pretty unexperienced....

View attachment 81729
    Thats how its supposed to look.

View attachment 81728
    thats how it looks.

It happened to me days ago when I patched my ROM, it's not a map issue, your patch probably replaced some data wrongly, I suggest saving the tilesets and palettes of this ROM and load them into your backup like I did, you will have lot of work fixing the wrong tiles in each map but it's more safe than patching.

ASDBUDDY

The Derp
    Years
  • It happened to me days ago when I patched my ROM, it's not a map issue, your patch probably replaced some data wrongly, I suggest saving the tilesets and palettes of this ROM and load them into your backup like I did, you will have lot of work fixing the wrong tiles in each map but it's more safe than patching.
    oh ok thanks,but i found out the problem, it was that i had implemented th day and night system in my ROM and when i introduced new tiles in it they got ll mixed up so now i patched a new ROM and then put in the day n night cycle nd now it works, so immaking the maps all over again ut now it gives me more room for experimentation

ASDBUDDY

The Derp
    Years
  • It happened to me days ago when I patched my ROM, it's not a map issue, your patch probably replaced some data wrongly, I suggest saving the tilesets and palettes of this ROM and load them into your backup like I did, you will have lot of work fixing the wrong tiles in each map but it's more safe than patching.
    oh ok thanks,but i found out the problem, it was that i had implemented th day and night system in my ROM and when i introduced new tiles in it they got all mixed up so now i patched a new ROM and then put in the day n night cycle nd now it works, so im making the maps all over again it now it gives me more room for experimentation

soulryu

Pirate Trainer
    Years
  • Most of the time it's usually because Movement Permissions is at Blue 0 (Zero) so make sure it has the right Movement Permissions Number/Letter.
    Here is an Example of one:
    Spoiler:

Another problem could be that behaviour/background bytes that are FF. It should be at double Zero or the right number like 20.
    Spoiler:

Neti has a nice tutorial about Advance Map that is very helpful.
    https://web.archive.org/web/20081009045117/https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=144054

ASDBUDDY

The Derp
    Years
  • Most of the time it's usually because Movement Permissions is at Blue 0 (Zero) so make sure it has the right Movement Permissions Number/Letter.
    Here is an Example of one:
    Spoiler:

Another problem could be that behaviour/background bytes that are FF. It should be at double Zero or the right number like 20.
    Spoiler:

Neti has a nice tutorial about Advance Map that is very helpful.
    https://web.archive.org/web/20081009045117/https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=144054

Thnx for the advice tho, but i found out the problem it was, that i had implemented day and night cycle first and hen changed the tiles after wards, now I started afresh and I put in the new tiles first then i put in the DNS cycle

ASDBUDDY

The Derp
    Years
  • The tileset probably has behaviour/background bytes that are FF (or other such unwanted bytes). Is that the case?

Thnx for the advice tho, but i found out the problem it was, that i had implemented day and night cycle first and hen changed the tiles after wards, now I started afresh and I put in the new tiles first then i put in the DNS cycle

Back