• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

//Map of the Week\\ - Vote for it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    Alright I counted up the votes.

Current Votes
    --> Neti's Map: Five Votes...
    --> Alizée Jacotey's Map: One Vote...
    --> TB Pro™'s Map: One Vote...
    --> Dratii's Map: Two Votes...

Currently Ditched Votes
    --> T - Good tiles isn't a valid reason...
    --> G@mbit - Good tiles/palettes isn't a valid reason...

Current Winner
    --> Neti

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Not funny. :/

1. It's Friday.
    2. It's not 8:30 PM Mountain Time.
    3. Only I count up the votes.

Please refrain from doing that again.

@ Neti: Sorry, you will have to wait until tomorrow for ME to count up the votes.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Yea, but even TB should know that ALL vote counting will be on Saturday, 8:00 PM Mountain Time.
    But, it was an honest mistake. :]

Just remember, tallying the votes will never come early. ;P

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    Erm...I changed it, Is it acceptable now? Sorry, dude, totally left me that it was Friday, and I meant to put CURRENT in front of every section, like I have now done. Again, I am sorry.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Nah, I shouldn't have snapped. All tallies should be done by me. I made this thread to show my self that I am responsible, and to see everyone happy! :D

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    just wanted to know the curretn state of votes xD
    actually i thought it would be a bit closer and my map wouldnt be the first place at the moment since i saw a lot of people voting for dratiis map (i did too)
    you know, its kinda broing to always win stuff... i would like to have a bit more competition
    some people may just vote my map cause they treat me like the god of mapping, which i am not and i dont want to be it
    i was actually looking forward not to win this cause then maybe not all people who have a problem they can easily solve themselves would ask me but someone else
    well, if i win its not bad, but i would like to see other people getting some more attention
    thats the reason why ill probably not participate with a map in this anymore after this week
    also, it would be stupid to review my own map in the rhn xD

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I vote for Neti's Map. Why? It has great potential, great tiles, higly original, not square, not repeated tiles over and over again... What else should I add? It's a great map and I wish I lived there.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Seeing as the candidate maps have changed drastically, I'll proceed to vote again. And, as the other time, I'll write what I liked and didnt like about every map.

I'll start with the ones I didnt pick...

dratii's map: A cave map... I tend to prefer cave maps when the cave looks actually complicated to navigate. Maybe there should be more small rocks scattered around (it could give it a more realistic look? I dont know)

T.Darkrai's map: The top area has some not overused tiles, that's what I liked about it, but it's as if there's a lot of green to be a big city (to use the building tiles), and, if you wanted to use green, then at least put some more trees around, to fill the map a bit more. It's a change from the Saffron/Celadon style, I agree, but perhaps I'm just used to classic cities.

Neti's map: Quite Cool, looks like a well designed city. I'm still sticking with snowing maps being a bit boring lately, but at least the tileset was put to good use. I prefered other map for the winner but that doesnt mean yours isnt good.

TB Pro's map: Has interesting tiles and palettes, though the walking area of the map is a bit too simple. Didnt like those small water circles (I personally think they were too much, if I understood the concept of the map). But, visually speaking it's pretty good.

And to me, the winner is...

DarkZeroONE's map: Very original, compared to the others. I like the tone of green in the grass, to begin with. Makes me wonder how the grass maps look. Wouldnt it be better if there were more lava down there? It'd make crossing the bridge something more exciting.
    I'll vote for this one just because lava-type maps are not that often seen.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Whoops, wasn't paying attention to the time. x_x;

Anyways, the winner of this week is: Neti's Map!
    Congratulations!

Votes:
    Neti's Map - 5 votes
    dratii's Map - 2 votes
    (Tied)Alizée Jaoctey's Map, ¿TB Pro™'s Map, and DarkZeroONE's Map - 1 vote

Ditched Votes:
    ~link smash~ - You have to have a valid reason
    G@mbit - Good tiles and palettes isn't a valid vote
    T - Nice tiles isn't a valid vote

Ignored Spam:

levi022 - Don't ask when to "try them"

New maps have been added, especially one of mine.
    Happy voting!

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    My Vote: Austinia's Map

Reasons: I love the placement of the trees. The map has a wonderful "open" feeling, which I think is wonderful. Everything is placed perfectly, and it is not square/empty. The tiles and palettes are a great bonus, too.

Last edited:

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    Hey thx^^
    got the ubar in my sig now
    thx to anyone who voted for me

this weeks vote goes to...
    Lucario9's Map
    It was kinda close between his and Austinias Map cause both of them look very natural. but lucario9's map has more details and variarity and i like the new tiles he inserted.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I vote for Lucario_9's Map.
    The reason is because the town looks like a town, it just looks better than the rest. It is really close with cooley's map, but this one looks better than that one. The arrangement is great and has better detail/variety/mapping.

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Austinia's map is great, but Lucario 9's map is more original.
    So, I will go with Lucario 9's map.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    I vote for Austinia's map, because the tiles are simply amazing, and the way that the trees were placed was brilliant!

Years
    My vote goes to Wind~'s map
    Reason: I think it is the best map out of the list it was made very nice like the build of the town and how you can go trough it.

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    I vote for L9's
    Why?: Because it has great tree placement and a brilliant use of tiles

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I see that Wind and Lucario are neck and neck! I wonder who will win...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back