• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map of the Week

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Another thing to take note of; you shouldn't be able to use other people's hack bases (i.e. no maps using ShinyGold's tiles ;D). Also, I've now come to enforce this thread's rules (all bow before me >:D) so any off-topic posts in this thread will be deleted. If you've got a problem or something, bring it up with the topic owner, okay? ;D

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
    Another thing to take note of; you shouldn't be able to use other people's hack bases (i.e. no maps using ShinyGold's tiles ;D). Also, I've now come to enforce this thread's rules (all bow before me >:D) so any off-topic posts in this thread will be deleted. If you've got a problem or something, bring it up with the topic owner, okay? ;D
    I'll go add that in. (And disapprove maps that violate the new rule. >:D)

Map Name: Wildwood Pass
    Tiles used: kyledove, cope, Wesley_FG, newtiteuf
    Credits: kyledove, cope, Wesley_FG, newtiteuf
    Comments: Meh, I don't expect to win with this map. I'm just too lazy to open up advance map to make a new one. Maybe next week.
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:
    Looks nice. I remember this from the MRT.

Approved

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I was just wondering, does it have to be upon your vote only? Can't there be a senate of some sort voting of whether it should be in or not? I think the vetoing by PM is *meh*
    I wish I had a map, but I don't as of yet, but I'll probably have one next time I post here.

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
    I was just wondering, does it have to be upon your vote only? Can't there be a senate of some sort voting of whether it should be in or not? I think the vetoing by PM is *meh*
    I wish I had a map, but I don't as of yet, but I'll probably have one next time I post here.
    Look, the "senate" as you called it is made up of me, the thread owner, and the mods.
    I think the mods and I can handle it pretty well. Plus, if you don't like my choice on a map, you're free to PM me about why you think it should've been x instead of y.

Well, PMing me is better than spamming the thread, arguing with me publicly over a map, don't you agree?

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Is there going to be a limit to the number of maps that can be approved per week. (Not for each person, but for everyone.) If we get too many maps, the votes will be spread pretty thin... so I think it would be best to limit it. The 7 that we have now is probably a good number actually.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
    Is there going to be a limit to the number of maps that can be approved per week. (Not for each person, but for everyone.) If we get too many maps, the votes will be spread pretty thin... so I think it would be best to limit it. The 7 that we have now is probably a good number actually.
    I second this (though there are actually 8 approved maps, counting Ninja Caterpie's recently approved map).
    It's up to Seth but I think somewhere in the 5-7 range would be a good limit.

Ven

Tyrian
    Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2011
    Eh...Well if the rule goes through you can just ignore this xD
    Oh and I also think that that rule would be great to have!

Map Name: Route 207
    Tiles used: Ruby stock + FireRed Stock
    Credits: No one
    Comments: Nothing really special, I'm using it for my hack though.
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Btw, there is an error with the link to colcolstyles' map. I think it would be better for that link to be a link to their posts.

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
    Btw, there is an error with the link to colcolstyles' map. I think it would be better for that link to be a link to their posts.
    >x<
    I should probably link to the posts as you said. /me fixes.

Eh...Well if the rule goes through you can just ignore this xD
    Oh and I also think that that rule would be great to have!

Map Name: Route 207
    Tiles used: Ruby stock + FireRed Stock
    Credits: No one
    Comments: Nothing really special, I'm using it for my hack though.
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:
    It's rather simple, but alright. Grass placement isn't very good as you only have to go through 3 grass tiles to get to the other side, making the jumps a bit pointless.
    It's alright, but nothing special.

Although this was a bit hard to decide...
    Disapproved.

I second this (though there are actually 8 approved maps, counting Ninja Caterpie's recently approved map).
    It's up to Seth but I think somewhere in the 5-7 range would be a good limit.
    I think 6 would be best. Enough, but still limited.

Years
    Not sure if you've imposed the max rule yet if so theres always next week.

Map Name: Cradle of Birth
    Tiles used: A Few from Mew Ryn's Rom Base most my own
    Credits: Who's tiles where in the Rom base
    Comments: One of my first attempts at a map so will be happy to just get accepted
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
    Not sure if you've imposed the max rule yet if so theres always next week.

Map Name: Cradle of Birth
    Tiles used: A Few from Mew Ryn's Rom Base most my own
    Credits: Who's tiles where in the Rom base
    Comments: One of my first attempts at a map so will be happy to just get accepted
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:
    It looks...alright. But the tree placement isn't very good, and it's too spaced out.
    Disapproved

Dot dot dot dot dot. Fine, I missed the estuary theme... T_T

But why approve or disapprove? If the map sucks, let it get voted out?
    It's best to list the ones that are actually going to get more than one vote.

Also, to note: the Entry period has drawn to a close. No maps will be approved until next Wednesday night. You may now start voting for your favorites. You have until Wednesday night at 12:00 AM GMT -6 to do so.

Last edited:

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    I think that all credits should be stated, not just something like "Ray's rom base"
    Which he half stole -_-

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
    Woops. Sorry. I forgot it was time to vote^^
    Anyways, I'm gonna go ahead and vote for Thrace's map. I really wanted to vote for sasquatchd00d but I just don't like the way he tried to make everything look natural. The concept behind Thrace's map is superb and it looks like it came straight out of an official game. His ability to emulate Nintendo's style of mapping down to the smallest detail and the nostalgic charm that those types of maps always bring are what secured my vote. Kudos to you, Thrace!

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    I looked at all of them any it was close between nija caterapie and sasquatchd00d and I vote for sasquatchd00d's map because nijas caterpies was a lil empty There both amazing maps

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
    I looked at all of them any it was close between nija caterapie and sasquatchd00d and I vote for sasquatchd00d's map because nijas caterpies was a lil empty There both amazing maps
    1. I could barely understand that.

A "reason" for voting for a particular map means "I like this map because of (feature, pretty, etc)", not that it's "better" than another.
    I'm not counting that vote.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    okay sasquatchd00d's map had everything I look for in a map when I go to the map rating thread: natural look good tree placement good grass placement nice tiles and It looked original and unique

Back