• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    Map name: Cleia Foothill
    Codebase: Pokémon FireRed

Description:
    After a tiring adventure on Mt. Cleia, you were expecting another maze on your way to the next city. But, you were pleasantly surprised, this small municipality offers everything a Pokémon trainer would need to rest after an exhausting day. After going to the Pokémon Center, you must sure visit the local shop, it offers exotic goods such as Berry Juice or Lava Cookies - that's something you can't get every day!

Mapshot:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

------------
    Comment:
    I'm open to any constructive criticsm. And regarding that description, I couldn't resist and let my imagination work. This is the result :P

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Map name: Cleia Foothill
    Codebase: Pokémon FireRed

Description:
    After a tiring adventure on Mt. Cleia, you were expecting another maze on your way to the next city. But, you were pleasantly surprised, this small municipality offers everything a Pokémon trainer would need to rest after an exhausting day. After visiting Pokémon Center, you must sure visit the local shop, it offers exotic goods such as Berry Juice or Lava Cookies - that's something no one can resist to!

Mapshot:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

------------
    Comment:
    I'm open to any constructive criticism. And regarding that description, I couldn't resist and let my imagination work. This is the result :P

It's a simple, but great map.
    I like the placement of the paths.
    It's small, though.
    No tile errors.
    Only change the place of the sign box thing.
    Rating: 8.3/10

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    Fixed. Now...

Description:
    After one incident with signpost in the middle of the street (one of trainers who was passing the town had a... accidental close contact... with it), the town council has decided to move the sign out of the way so such things won't happen anymore. Everyone hopes that the trainer is okay and that the big bruise will soon disappear from his face...

Mapshot:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    Name of Map : None

Hack Of: Fire Red Version

Comments: I thought I was making this for a hack, but I got another assignment, and I had to drasticly change this, but I diddnt want to lose it, so I saved it, and will use it when It is needed! ^-^

Mapshot:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Ratings Please, comments, and especially criticism, I want to become a better mapper, so I need to know what I do wrong, or badly.
    Just Re-posting for more ratings. I got flooded out last time
    Suggestions: Try removing some of the masses of grass. The mountain dosen't look quite right for some reason. Add some trees, especially towards the right of the map. In the upper right corner, try to make the grass less "clumpy". Fix the tile errors with the little trees.
    Rating: 6.5/10
    Comments: Good map, not perfect. It's a little square on the right side.

Fixed. Now...

Description:
    After one incident with signpost in the middle of the street (one of trainers who was passing the town had a... accidental close contact... with it), the town council has decided to move the sign out of the way so such things won't happen anymore. Everyone hopes that the trainer is okay and that the big bruise will soon disappear from his face...

Mapshot:
    Map Rating/Review Thread
    Suggestions: Try to make the mountains not so sheer, and straight. Try to add some little trees somewhere.
    Rating: 7.5/10
    Comments: Nice, quaint little map.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I did get a couple of good ratings, but, 'd like just a few more with this map. :)
    -----------------------------
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Again, the little ledge is there because you come from the forest.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Fixed. Now...

Description:

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

RATINGS: 8/10
    REASONS: It's a cool map, though not very suitable to be called a town, nor can it be called a city. :\ It is more like a route to me, though... :\
    But meh, it's a foothill, so it's obviously a route. :D
    I like it, simple and neat. :)
    SUGGESTIONS: Nothing to suggest...

I did get a couple of good ratings, but, 'd like just a few more with this map. :)
    Spoiler:

RATINGS: 7/10
    REASONS: For some strange reason, your map made me dizzy... :\
    But anyways, the map is nice...
    SUGGESTIONS: Nothing to suggest, except for changing the palletes, for R/S/E palletes are kinda hurtful to some eyes, including me. :P

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Well heres a new map hope you like it :)

Spoiler:
    This map isn't that good. :\
    For one, there are tile errors in a ton of places. The place is too square and symmetrical. Also, there is tons of empty spaces.
    2/10
    Sorry for such a harsh rating.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    Well heres a new map hope you like it :)

Spoiler:
    Suggestions: Fill up LOADS of empty space. Make the path less straight. Make the map "make sense"
    Rating: .5/10
    Comments: Very poorly done map. Look at other's maps, and try to mimic them to a degree.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Suggestions: Add some big trees in. Fill up the empty space, and use less wide paths.
    Rating: 6.5/10
    Comments: Wow, you are getting pretty good man! Keep it up ;)

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Rating: 8.5/10
    Reason: Nice map. I like the method you've placed the trees and the mountains. The house with 4 windows looks wierd. Everything else looks neat.
    Suggestions: Try not to make too thick pathways.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    Hey Guys, Made a new map!

Map Name: Ranish Hilltop

Game: N/A, although may be in my hack, Duskrise.

Base ROM: Fire Red

Credits: Me - Tiles, Kyledove - Tiles, Alistair - Tiles

Mapping Time: Around 1:30

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Years

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:
    Very nice Pro :D Nothing really to complain about only maybe that the little green path in the left bottom doesn't look really nice,,, But I give t a 9.4/10 :D (don't give that so easily ;))

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

This is what I call great mapping :D
    The paths are well placed, not too straight.
    The grass is distributed nicely.
    No tile error in the whole map.
    Rating: 9.2/10

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Map Name: Silvermist Town (??)
    Hack of: FireRed
    Description: Its been quite a while since I posted a map here. I've been working on this for nearly 4 hours now, not the map, the tiles. Almost all by Kyledove a few by Fanking Omega. The starting town for my new hack, The Dragon Lineage. Nothing much of interest really, just wanted some feedback on the tiles.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Sorry that was a pre-mature map heres my real one:
    Map Rating/Review Thread
    Rating: 1/10
    Reason: There are like 40 tile errors throughout the map, there are very few trees, which are symmetrical, it is completely empty, the rocks look completely unrealistic, and it is fully square

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:
    Beautiful map!
    Rating: 9/10
    Reason: Although I love the shape and the great amount of trees used, I think there is too much tall grass in this map. Also, you might want to replace all the one tiled rocks with the four tiled rocks, and maybe add some more cliffs in the distance to set the tone of realistic. Beautiful map nontheless.

Description: Its been quite a while since I posted a map here. I've been working on this for nearly 4 hours now, not the map, the tiles. Almost all by Kyledove a few by Fanking Omega. The starting town for my new hack, The Dragon Lineage. Nothing much of interest really, just wanted some feedback on the tiles.

Map Rating/Review Thread
    Rating: 9/10
    There is not much you can improve on in this map besides maybe the shape of the map. It feels too much like nintendo's. I'm also not all about a gym in the first town, but who ever set that rule that starting towns can't be amazing? Maybe you should add more of those tall bushes throughout the map. Great job though.

Jordy San

The fire-breathing Dutch-Boy
    Years
    Hi everyone,
    this is my first map in the map rating thread.

Rom: Firered (ofcourse :/)
    Hack Name: World's Destiny
    Map Name: -
    Comments: This is my first route ever.... And dont pay attention to how the bridges look like, I still need to make new tiles.

Spoiler:

Charizard19

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Hi everyone,

Comments: This is my first route ever.... And dont pay attention to how the bridges look like, I still need to make new tiles.

Spoiler:

Charizard19
    Rating:3/10

Reason: A whole line of tile errors at the bottom of the map, the map is completely square, and the trees just disappear. The bushes arent very realistic, and too much tall grass.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    Sorry that was a pre-mature map heres my real one:
    Map Rating/Review Thread
    Suggestions: Exactly what I said on the older one.
    Rating: .5/10
    Comments: Very, very bad map.

Map Rating/Review Thread
    Suggestions: Try to make it a smidge more round.
    Rating: 8/10

Hi everyone,

Spoiler:

Charizard19
    Suggestions: Look at other members maps. Make the grass less blocky. Make the trees not so straight. Remove some tall grass. Add more trees. Remove some bushes. Remove some flowers. The trees just disappear. Make it less square. Make the mountains more mountainous.
    Rating: 1.5/10
    Comments: Very bad map. Try to work on that.

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    Hi everyone,

Spoiler:

Charizard19
    just got to say sth about this map cause it gets so many bad ratings:
    the layout of the map is really good, i mean that it has two levels so you technically have to walk the whole size of the map twice
    but to make that be a plus, you should have grass on the hills

other than that i support the opinion that theres a lot to do

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back